Western Quebec

viper2

Planning a trip for next week for Western Quebec. Will be leaving from St. Zenon heading to 83 first night either Parent or Clova 2nd night Sennetere or Amos then continuing on 93 toward LaSarre and south toward Ville Marie. Want some input on places to stay within 50 miles of Ville Marie. It's been a long time since I was in that area also we are planning on taking 309 back up toward Val d' OR any suggestions and trail conditions are appreciated. The only thing I know I don't want to do is end up on 63 going through Joncas to Domaine we want to stay away from the mogul fest. As always our stops and route are not set in stone.

Look for Domaine Driftwood on local orange trail between 63 and 309. Its been 2 yrs but was nice stop, great food. Smaller place does not look like much from outside but inside real nice

Amos I like the hotel Eskers in town down the river from the bombardier dealer not the easiest to find but great hotel awesome resto.

Loop up to Matagami. 396 i think? Nice run when good.

Edited by iceman

Look for Domaine Driftwood on local orange trail between 63 and 309. Its been 2 yrs but was nice stop, great food. Smaller place does not look like much from outside but inside real nice

Amos I like the hotel Eskers in town down the river from the bombardier dealer not the easiest to find but great hotel awesome resto.

Loop up to Matagami. 396 i think? Nice run when good.

Thanks for the info iceman, Matagami is a possibility but we have done that on the last 2 Abitibi trips. What kind of trail is 309, I don't know if I was ever on it but if I was it was a long time ago.

309 is a good trail. Nothing too memorable but good.

Thanks, what's the long term forecast up there one place shows snow another chance of rain/freezing rain this Sunday :pardon: