Early season riding?

arubenstein

So, it's snowing up there, there is snow on the ground, and rumour has it that there will be grooming this Thursday.

Anyone going up? Two of us are thinking about going up on net Monday to check things out.

Any comments?

I'll be at Auberge31 Friday night through Monday night. 2-3 feet according to sources up there. Thats better than when I was there last December.

I'll be at Auberge31 Friday night through Monday night. 2-3 feet according to sources up there. Thats better than when I was there last December.

Any benefit to staying at the HI vs. the Sagunene over in Chicoutimi?

Do you trailer up to the ski area and start from there?

How long does it take to trailer up to start?

Any benefit to staying at the HI vs. the Sagunene over in Chicoutimi?

Do you trailer up to the ski area and start from there?

How long does it take to trailer up to start?

not sure about security at the Sagunene, HI has a pen for trailers thats pretty secure, I've only stayed at the HI in town. About 50-60 minutes to get to the lot at the ski hill from there.

Auberge 31 is right up there on the hill so no need to trailer. Def better nightlife staying in town.

not sure about security at the Sagunene, HI has a pen for trailers thats pretty secure, I've only stayed at the HI in town. About 50-60 minutes to get to the lot at the ski hill from there.

Auberge 31 is right up there on the hill so no need to trailer. Def better nightlife staying in town.

Interesting, I thought about driving all the way up and just staying at KM31.

Bad idea?

Whats the drive HI to the hills?

Interesting, I thought about driving all the way up and just staying at KM31.

Bad idea?

Whats the drive HI to the hills?

I stayed at La Sagunenne last year and enjoyed the sauna and pool. They also have a secure area in tents that are locked up and video at the front desk for security. They also have a restaurant/bar right there.

I have stayed at the HI as well and really enjoyed the breakfast buffet.

See you on the trails, I'll be up Friday evening and riding Saturday and Sunday. Coming home Monday.