Status of the A102Q from North Bay Ontario into Quebec

lindasledgirl

Here is the status of A102Q

The section of A102Q east of NB308 is currently "Unavailable"

It was our intention to try and open this 36 kms of trail this weekend but the rains, meltdown and loss of snow makes that unlikely.

This is usually our last trail to open because of the significant amount of work involved, low traffic volumes and the fact that it is not a looped trail that enhances our rider's opportunities.

The loggers are plowing and sanding 10 kms of the road/trail east of NB308 for the second straight year.

This creates a hazard and less enkoyment for snowmobilers.

Opening the 25 kms on the pipeline takes two groomers, one with drag & one without, two full 12-14 hour days, usually done on a weekend.

Repairs are usually needed to the equipment after 24 hours of rough work.

We don't want to tie up our groomers when they are needed elsewhere at this time.

Roading a groomer 2 x 10 kms to do only 5-7 kms of trail west of the unbridged Jocko River does not make sense.

It is hard on equipment and the operator.

The river is unbridged and very dangerous. There is a steep bank down to the ice surface. The water is very deep and the current is quite strong, a deadly combination.

We have not checked the ice since Tursday's rain and meltdown.

The Quebec Club grooms from the Ottawa River to the Jocko River once MNBSC has opened it.

We have to check signs for 36 kms and we can't do that until the trail is groomed.

Our current priorities are trying to get our other trails re-opened as soon as possible.

We understand that there is a demand to be able to get to the quebec trails for next weekends Free riding but we can't control the weather.

• 1 month later...

Thanks Tom!

I can't do it yet..I must ride till its all gone.

However, I went to price a little property on the river this afternoon, it has a small boat lift on the dock...hmmmm...lol. I have to say...made me think for only a minute...that soon, I will be on the water...fishing!

Thursday I am out of here! Yahooo ski dooo!

Linda