SLEDDER DEAD

BERNARD

so sad i heard it on the news this morning, he left yesterday for a couple of hours they said he does this all the time. around 6p.m. he did not come back, so the family called the sq...he was found this morning. 79 years old God bless him and i am sure he died doing something he loved. Pray for his family. :angel:

I found this story on the CBC. Remember folks even though we are getting snow we have not had much cold weather and the lakes are NOT safe yet. Just give it a bit more time.

Andy

Snowmobiler dies in lake near La Tuque, Que

The body of a man who disappeared from La Tuque, Que., on Saturday was found by his son Sunday morning.

Guy Bourassa, 79, had been crossing a lake in the Mauricie area, north of Trois Rivières, when his snowmobile fell through the ice.

"He went through the ice, but he was able to come to the shore by himself. But, because of the cold in this area, he died during the night," said provincial police spokesman Michel Brunet.

In the Shawinigan area, a 71-year-old man almost died in a similar accident. He was dogsledding on a lake when he and team of dogs broke through the ice.

"He was able to stay at the surface of the water because he was hanging on to the dog sled," Brunet said.

Two of the police officers who came on the scene … [threw] him a rope, and even our policemen went in the water — both of them."

Brunet said the officers, the dogsledder and the dogs were all able to get to shore safely with help from other officers.

The dogsledder was taken to hospital suffering from hypothermia. Police have not released his name.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/montreal/story/20...bile-fatal.html