Trouble for next year already

iceman

ImprimerEnvoyer à un ami Commenter (0)

Les Clubs de motoneigistes nouvriront pas les sentiers en novembre

Archives

Les clubs de motoneigistes membres de la FCMQ veulent forcer le gouvernement à investir dans les infrastructures du réseau de sentiers de motoneige. Ils menacent de ne pas ouvrir les sentiers la saison prochaine.

Publié le 27 Mai 2013

Jules Simard

Journal Nouvelles Hebdo

Hiver 2013-2014

Sujets : FCMQ , Fédération des clubs , Transports du Québec , Québec , Dolbeau-Mistassini , Canada

Dolbeau-Mistassini - Cest à lunanimité que les 13 clubs de motoneigistes du Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean-Chibougamau-Chapais ont endossé les revendications de la Fédération des clubs de motoneigistes du Québec (FCMQ), de retenir les droits daccès de la saison 2013-2014 et de ne pas entretenir les sentiers pour la prochaine saison.

Cest ce qua indiqué le représentant de la région au sein du conseil dadministration de la FCMQ, M. Bertrand Grondin, qui précise que le mot dordre de la fédération devrait être suivi par lensemble des clubs au Québec. « Nous nacceptons pas la réponse négative du ministre des Transports du Québec, M. Sylvain Gaudreault, qui refuse de contribuer pour 1 million $ par année à lamélioration des infrastructures des sentiers », commente M. Grondin.

Dans un argumentaire rédigé par la Fédération, on précise que lindustrie de la motoneige cest 5 milliards de dollars annuellement avec des retombées pour le gouvernement du Québec de 200 millions $ annuellement. La fédération rappelle que lindustrie touristique qui relève de la motoneige est laffaire de bénévoles qui y oeuvrent depuis plus de 40 ans, sans que le gouvernement soit intervenu pour la soutenir.

La situation des infrastructures pour la pratique de la motoneige dans les sentiers de la Trans-Québécoise demande des investissements de lordre de 27 millions $. Pour répondre à ces demandes, la FCMQ propose au gouvernement du Québec dinjecter 1 million $ par année pendant trois ans, la même chose au gouvernement du Canada, 1 million $ sera investi par la FCMQ et 1 million $ par les Clubs eux aussi pour les trois prochaines années.

Devant le refus du gouvernement, les clubs membres de la fédération ont décidé de mettre de lavant une série de moyens de pression afin de faire changer la décision gouvernementale. Dès novembre, les clubs entendent ne pas ouvrir ni entretenir les sentiers, ce qui provoquera un impact négatif important sur lindustrie touristique hivernale au Québec.

Coter

Haut de page

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of right now the 13 snowmobile clubs of Saguenay Lac St. jean and Chibougamau and Chapais have voted to not open their trails next season in protest and to send a message to the Gov't for refusing to contribute to the infrastructure of the trail system.

They are serious and threatening to disrupt the tourism in their region to show how much effect no trails will have on their regions.

They say they will retain their right of ways however will not open the trails or maintain them next season.

Just Great. I fear its the beginning of the end. Let's hope not.

We save our money all year long so we can spend it snowmobiling. We buy our trail permits. We spend money on gas, food, lodging, etc. Why are we the pawns for the political game? The government has closed provincial land, the farmers close their land and now the clubs are threatening not to open the trails.

Maybe we are the ones that should protest!

What if no one went snowmobiling for one season. I know it will never happen, but imagine it.

No new sled purchases. What would the big four manufacturers do with 100% of their inventory not sold?

No hotel rooms. Snowmobilers aren't the only ones that stay in hotels but we do contribute substantially to the winter months.

Not buying any gas, parts or repairs. The dealerships would take a hit. Not to mention the money that we put into our tow rigs to get us to the snow.

Lets take our 500 million dollars and go to Disney.

Just blowing off a little steam!

Jack

The FCMQ feels just the way you do, at least these clubs, that is their point. They intend to show how much no trails in these areas will impact the Revenue in the regions.

Sounds like they (the clubs here) are heading to Disney too instead of opening trails, maybe Cuba.

Isn't someone on here the US ambassador to the ADMQ, or something like that? Maybe we should plan a protest for one week, mid-Feb, and generate some publicity. We can all book rooms at the fancy high profile snowmobile hotels for that week and cancel them 24 hours ahead of time, and I'm sure there are several other things we could do...

How would this possibly benefit these clubs if they remain closed and they do not maintain there trails. I know when it is time to buy my season pass I will NOT purchase from a club that will not groom there trails. Why would I or any of you do that. I would hope they are doing this at this time of year to try and make something happen now and not later. Let us all just hope this is all straightened out by December.

Thanks iceman and keep us updated when you hear any new information.

Midrange are you saying that Province wide 12 Regions out of 13 have voted in favor of not opening trails?

Or

Is it 12 out of 13 clubs in the Lac St. Jean, Saguenay and Chiboug-Chapais.

I am thinking this is right. There are 21 regions I believe in all Quebec.

I was under the impression it was just these 13 clubs within the FCMQ. Not Province wide.

This is getting crazy,

Edited by iceman

Midrange are you saying that Province wide 12 Regions out of 13 have voted in favor of not opening trails?

Correct

Let's be clear here... This movement is across the whole province and not confined to Saguenay Lac St-Jean area. Every spring each regions (13) regrouping several clubs are holding their annual meeting. So that`s what the result came out this year. The FCMQ has received a clear mandate not to distribute or put up on sale trail passes next fall.

This is what I`ve read on the french forum and I have no idea who voted against it.

Correct

Let's be clear here... This movement is across the whole province and not confined to Saguenay Lac St-Jean area. Every spring each regions (13) regrouping several clubs are holding their annual meeting. So that`s what the result came out this year. The FCMQ has received a clear mandate not to distribute or put up on sale trail passes next fall.

This is what I`ve read on the french forum and I have no idea who voted against it.

Wow, this is serious stuff.........not selling trail passes in the fall.........they mean business, i hope their strategy works and works early enough so the season doesn't get scrapped.

Thanks Midrange for helping me understand,

Lets hope this is settled and the threat remains just a threat and does not become reality.

Every year is something different we are like hostages with no say in our fates.

This really Sucks .... looks like it might be a good year to plan a trip to the U.P.of Michigan. Time will tell.

I think the trails in Ontario and Maine will be seeing a bit more traffic this year if this happens, maybe even NB from Maine. One thing I do know is I'm riding somewhere and it's not NY!

How can we Help? If we can't ride in Quebec next season, We will be very frustrated as there was very few miles we were able to ride in NY last season. Four of us recently ordered new Skidoo sleds.

Again, How can we help?

Jeff et al

I'm not sure there is anything any of us can do.

We could show up in force at the Annual Congress ofthe FCMQ in Charlevoix at the Manoir Richelieu its on Sept 20-21, 2013. Maybe a show of our unhappiness at the way we are used as puppets in this game of politics.

They ask for more money for trail passes each year and we pay it, year after year. To just pull this shut down for next year is BS, and they should know it will likely be the beginning of the end for the FCMQ.

One season with no trails and then the Gov't will just cut the funding altogether and then game over.

I appreciate all the FCMQ volunteers, please do not get me wrong but the Politics here is just stupid.

We just want to ride.

How can you help? I believe the best thing that could be done at this point is write lots of emails. Is there a few businesses you were planning on visiting or staying with on your trip next winter? Send them a letter telling them you are planning to spend your winter tourism dollars somewhere else next winter. You can write the same one and send it to several different places. Make sure they know snowmobiling is the reason for you to come to their business, and your $$ will go to other states or provinces if the trails are not opened. In the email you should recommend your message get forwarded along to government. Real power of the email is when it is sent to government by a business owner that is employing several peole and paying taxes. With less visits, less staff is required, and business may even have to shut down for the winter. This whole issue is over lack of support from government to help with infrastructure dollars to help maintan trails and bridges.

Just my thoughts