Early January riding partner???

im4snow

Hi, I'm looking to ride in Quebec in early Jan and looking for someone(s) who may want to ride. Considerations:

1) Hope for 3-5 days of riding

2) I'm driving from SE PA, so ~6 hours to reach the border and I hope to drive only another 2-3 hours beyond that...although open to options

3) Will do either saddle bag or not (have done both types in Canada in the past)

4) I have a 2014 800 MXZX shorty

5) When riding I like to make time, but remain safe and respect other's who may be on the trail

6) Hoping for 200+ mile days

Any interest pls let me know.

How early? We are heading up but not until Jan. 15th. Waiting for reports of good connectivity. We are also from SE Pa. OH ya forgot I have no sleds, still waiting for BRP to deliver.

Probably heading up on Jan 2nd or 3rd but won't be returning until the 12th. Two of us saddle bagging if that interests you and we go to ride, plenty of beer here in PA.

Thx. If I went for 10 days I'd probably come home to an empty house. But I will keep it in mind.

How early? We are heading up but not until Jan. 15th. Waiting for reports of good connectivity. We are also from SE Pa. OH ya forgot I have no sleds, still waiting for BRP to deliver.

Thx. I may have work obligations that keep me here in mid January but if that changes I'll let you know. Good luck with the sled. My dealer (Smith, in Bucks County) was saying they just got in a bunch of sleds that have to be readied ASAP.......sounds like they arrived later than expected......so you're not alone.

Still no sleds Dave? Wow. Pushing it close with set-up & accessories. Good Luck.

Best,

Tom

Not very happy right now. Decided to try doo for the 1st time this year. I ordered 265 days ago! Dealer just called Saturday BRP sent him the vin#'s that should mean that they are on the truck headed my direction. I have lots to do with x-mas here also.

Thx. If I went for 10 days I'd probably come home to an empty house. But I will keep it in mind.

Thx. I may have work obligations that keep me here in mid January but if that changes I'll let you know. Good luck with the sled. My dealer (Smith, in Bucks County) was saying they just got in a bunch of sleds that have to be readied ASAP.......sounds like they arrived later than expected......so you're not alone.

We are also headed up for a 5 day bag trip Feb. 15th, headed for a big loop west. I may have 2 others joining us for that one.

Work is also my problem, I have trouble taking off in the winter. That is my busy season.

Would love to go with you but, What dates are you looking at. I do have family in some area that would ride with you.

What sled did you go with I bought a few from smith nother cat?

Not sure on the exact dates but shooting to be home roughly Jan 10ish at the latest.....Day of the week probably doesn't matter although straddling a weekend, even if that's a travel day wouldn't hurt.

Went with MXZX 800 shorty from Smith. No real Cat dealers around anymore....the one in Quakertown that you know of is very very limited with Cat. Plus I like the Doo linq feature(s) and many other Doo features, so I changed religions!!!!

How's the recovery progressing?

Edited by im4snow

Not sure on the exact dates but shooting to be home roughly Jan 10ish at the latest.....Day of the week probably doesn't matter although straddling a weekend, even if that's a travel day wouldn't hurt.

Went with MXZX 800 shorty from Smith. No real Cat dealers around anymore....the one in Quakertown that you know of is very very limited with Cat. Plus I like the Doo linq feature(s) and many other Doo features, so I changed religions!!!!

IM4snow

I also moved away from them (Quakertown), 2 years ago I had service done by Pat and Sons in Annville, Pa area - I came up with a problem a week before my trip to Canada, I knew that I would not get it back from Quakertown in time - So I called Pat and Sons., They had the intermitient electrical issue trouble shot within an hour, got new parts in with in two days, had even offereed to pull parts off another sled they had, incase the parts did not come in on time.

So - Quality Service, Fair Prices, and Honest - That will take me back there,even tho it is farther for me to drive ~ 40 miles more each way,

Schooter

IM4snow

I also moved away from them (Quakertown), 2 years ago I had service done by Pat and Sons in Annville, Pa area - I came up with a problem a week before my trip to Canada, I knew that I would not get it back from Quakertown in time - So I called Pat and Sons., They had the intermitient electrical issue trouble shot within an hour, got new parts in with in two days, had even offereed to pull parts off another sled they had, incase the parts did not come in on time.

So - Quality Service, Fair Prices, and Honest - That will take me back there,even tho it is farther for me to drive ~ 40 miles more each way,

Schooter

Thx Schooter. Good info for the guys I know that ride Cat. We used to have 2 reasonably local options for decades, now we essentially have zero Cat options within an hour's (+) drive!!!

Im4snow

They also have. Polaris

Schooter

Very slow with a few set backs.

I see the answer to my question was in your first post oop's. You are do for an up grade and will enjoy that sled, . Looking more like march at best for a ride but low impact day trips. Perhaps both are time's will work then.

Check out the pin thread group ride the date might work for you. I know the ride wont be long.