Trail Report 1/30/14

mikerider

For those thinking of riding in this area:

Been riding out of Montmagny and going west each day.

Couple quick snow storms earlier in the week dumped a total of about 6 inches of snow, followed by very high winds causing lots of drifting. Some fields were blown clean of the new snow, but all in all very nice riding. Groomers have taken care of most of the drifts.

Gone 100 miles to the west on trail 5 and it is excellent.

Looping south is good except for a few miles of icy fields on the west side of St. Marie.

Coming back east on trail 35 is very good but the RR bed does have a few icy spots here and there, along with many, many deer so be careful. Back up trail 551 to Montmagny is excellent.

mike

Went east today from Montmagny along Trail 5 for about 80 miles before heading south and looping around. About 20 miles east of Montmagny trails are much harder as it appears they received less snow this week. Just takes more steering effort/strength. A handful of small ice patches in fields/power lines, all were on straight aways so not too hazardous. Next headed south to St. Pamphille. Once I got south of the RR bed/trail 35, all was very nice. Trail 55 coming back westerly was very nice as was 551 coming north back into Montmagny.

mike

The ACE 9 has 1,500 trouble free miles so far, always getting over 20 mpg (trails have been fairly hard and fast).

Never have found I need more top end. Only on a really big wide RR bed like west of Chibougaumou I might need more top speed. Assuming the Renegade has less top end, don't think that model would be quite enough for some, even me.

Ran into Andyman and Smclean today and they tried the sled, (both have 1200s). Don't know if they were being polite, but both were grinning ear to ear and said they loved it. I think Andy said he wanted one. One person in their group had a Cat with the Yammi engine and said his gas range was only about 125 miles.

mike

The ACE 9 has 1,500 trouble free miles so far, always getting over 20 mpg (trails have been fairly hard and fast).

Never have found I need more top end. Only on a really big wide RR bed like west of Chibougaumou I might need more top speed. Assuming the Renegade has less top end, don't think that model would be quite enough for some, even me.

Ran into Andyman and Smclean today and they tried the sled, (both have 1200s). Don't know if they were being polite, but both were grinning ear to ear and said they loved it. I think Andy said he wanted one. One person in their group had a Cat with the Yammi engine and said his gas range was only about 125 miles.

mike

I love the feedback!

Tx so much

• 2 weeks later...

mike

Thanks Mike for the test ride, it was great to try one. I was very surprised on how well the 900 felt. Lots of torque for traveling at trail speeds. The 900 will likely the power plant in my next sled.