10 Years ago !!!!

Mid Range

What you guys were riding 10 years ago.I had at that time Polaris XCR 440 X 1998.

Southern parts of the province was hit hard.Many trails were closed due to fallen trees.What a nightmare not only for us snowmobilers but for the population in general.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_America...e_storm_of_1998

We were north of the ice during that storm............didn't really think anything of it till we drove through souther Quebec and the power line towers were down everywhere. We had snow and lots of it. I think we were probably up in St Raymond or St Jean.

• 4 weeks later...

A 1998 Thundercat. I remember the storm, had a house rented in St Fortunat, half-way between Victoriaville and Thetford Mines. Took a ride to 3 rivers to check on crossing details and couldn't believe the devastation. A friend of mine (electric co) said if it ever happens again they can now turn up the power to melt the ice off the lines.

I remember that area being referred to the "dark triangle". I could not believe the sight of the crumpled Power lines. Every time we have an ice storm I think of that storm. We were without power for some time in Vermont also....much of our power is supplied by Hydro-Quebec.

I remember that area being referred to the "dark triangle". I could not believe the sight of the crumpled Power lines. Every time we have an ice storm I think of that storm. We were without power for some time in Vermont also....much of our power is supplied by Hydro-Quebec.

I was in pittsburg new hampshire, was pretty bad, nothing like quebec... I had a 97 xcr 600, was stolen later that winter in victoriaville. outside the colabrie hotel.....