396 Matagami to Quevillan

600IQHO

When I look at this clubs trails it shows full open and good. When I click on the info tab it shows this section of trail is fair to bad and only partly open? Anyone been on this section of trail?

http://www.sledmagazine.com/actions/showConditionsSentierFCMQ?lg=en

I will not be on this trail for almost 2 weeks but am curious if it is open & groomed or not?

Dave I think what they are saying is they are working on the 396 between Matagami and Quevillion. It seems that the 396 that runs south toward Amos is god to go. Last year we were up there around the 23rd of Jan. and we took the 396 north out of Amos making tracks for Matagami via the 307 to 396. 396 above St. Dominique du- Rosaire was not groomed and really not marked. We trudged on but looking back it was probably a bad idea if I hadnt been on that trail before I would have turned back. We rode quite a few miles and when we crossed the big river by the road bridge it was groomed, I would say it was half way to Matagami anyway. After lunch in Matagami we rode 396 down to Quevillon and it had just been groomed. I agree with the Trailblazer in another week or 2 it will be mint. If you look on an old map that trail going south from Matagami to Amos used to be an orange "local" trail but it was always good running. The 396 from Matagami used to go more west and come out in Villebois it was a very remote trail with only one gas stop at a logging camp I think maybe the logging camp closed down.