Pourvoirie lac la truite closed

Mid Range

Just in case some of you are planning to ride on TQ 63 in western Québec.......I saw this

http://www.abitibi-temiscamingue-tourism.org/snowmobile/trails-condition/

http://www.clubtroutlake.com/

this is quite an early closing to say the least!!

Edited by Mid Range

I did not see any info regarding the closure of Trout Lake in your links Midrange, however I am not surprised as the last time we were there 2 years ago Noel told us his place was for sale, he is a man getting on in age, just worried if something happened to him to aid the closure.

I did not see any info regarding the closure of Trout Lake in your links Midrange, however I am not surprised as the last time we were there 2 years ago Noel told us his place was for sale, he is a man getting on in age, just worried if something happened to him to aid the closure.

Hey JG it's on page 2 of trail conditions....

Pourvoirie Lac la Truite / Jonction 386 Nord63 111 km / 69 m iAuberge Lac à la Truite is closed for the rest of winter. Gas up in Belleterre or Pavillon Lavérendrye2015-02-174.gif

Got it Mario, thanks for your help

No problem JG, thinking of running up to Val Dor area march 8th that is why I am monitoring the site!!

Never been that way, would like to try something new!

It's the gas thing that bothers me, 1200 not the greatest for these long runs.....plus wife is coming too!!

2 years back we were out that way riding, left The Classic with a full tank and figured we could make it to Trout Lake by passing La Verendrye, I had 2 1200's and an Apex XTX with me, myself and the 2 1200's had spare gas but not the XTX, closer we got to Trout Lake it was snowing like a bugger and we were pushing a lot of snow, easy 8 to 12"s. Myself and the XTX burned up all the spare gas getting to Trout Lake, the 1200's came in with their fuel light on for the last 20klms. It was a close call !!!

I forget the exact distance but I know the distance between La Classic to Trout Lake was greater than the distance between La Classic to the Indian Reserve. Now even greater to Belletere with Trout Lake closed.

My advise if your heading in that direction fuel up at La Classic, La Verendrye, and Belleterre.

Not going to the Gaspe for the Gathering?

Good Luck

JG

Edited by Trailblazer

2 years back we were out that way riding, left The Classic with a full tank and figured we could make it to Trout Lake by passing La Verendrye, I had 2 1200's and an Apex XTX with me, myself and the 2 1200's had spare gas but not the XTX, closer we got to Trout Lake it was snowing like a bugger and we were pushing a lot of snow, easy 8 to 12"s. Myself and the XTX burned up all the spare gas getting to Trout Lake, the 1200's came in with their fuel light on for the last 20klms. It was a close call !!!

I forget the exact distance but I know the distance between La Classic to Trout Lake was greater than the distance between La Classic to the Indian Reserve. Now even greater to Belletere with Trout Lake closed.

My advise if your heading in that direction fuel up at La Classic, La Verendrye, and Belleterre.

Not going to the Gaspe for the Gathering?

Good Luck

JG

Heading that way next week and have never been to Quebec.Where is La Classic?At the town named Le Domaine on the map?Just want to have all my ducks in a row. Thanks.

Heading that way next week and have never been to Quebec.Where is La Classic?At the town named Le Domaine on the map?Just want to have all my ducks in a row. Thanks.

I think it is in the town of Lytton, that would make it south of Le Domain, looks like on 63 on the west side, not the 63/13 east side trail. (north of Maniwaki)

Not sure why Le Domaine was not mentioned as a gas stop.

Please post on your trip, and enjoy Quebec

OMG thanks for pointing that out Polaris1 and mcstar, memory seems to be lacking in my age. So sorry guys what I meant to say La Domaine to Trout Lake is greater in distance than La Domaine to the Indian reserve.

Yes gas at the Classic which is a gas stop/convenient store/restaurant/motel in Lytton then La Domaine (outfitter with gas stop and convenient store) then La Verendrye (outfitter) then Belleterre (small town).