Suggestion for Saguenay loop

Magnus

Hi all,

Heading up to Saguenay for the first time this weekend and was looking for a suggestion for a good 200-250km loop. We are staying at the Centre de Congress. We are doing the Valin Summits loop Sunday but we haven't decided where to go Saturday.

I only ride in the Quebec City area so I'm not familiar with the trails in Saguenay. Any suggestions are more than welcome! We have one novice rider in the group so nothing too crazy for the first day.

Hi Magnus,

Like Phil said there are many options. Do you want flat and fast, scenic, mountains, woods, etc. The weather that particular day may help you decide too. Maybe a nice place to have lunch. An out and back the same trail or a loop to change things up. You should be able to get some recommendations when you are there.

Jack & Sandi

There are so many possibilities from the Delta, ask Bill he is always on duty in foyer at night complete with maps.

That's a very good suggestion. Thanks :)

Hi Magnus,

Like Phil said there are many options. Do you want flat and fast, scenic, mountains, woods, etc. The weather that particular day may help you decide too. Maybe a nice place to have lunch. An out and back the same trail or a loop to change things up. You should be able to get some recommendations when you are there.

Jack & Sandi

I know absolutely nothing about the trail system up in the Saguenay area but we probably don't want to ride trails that are too twisty and technical considering the novice rider in our group. It will be his second time sledding. I'm guessing flat and fast (even though we might not be going very fast) is what we are looking for. If the loop has a nice place for lunch that's a big bonus. Thank you so much for helping out!

Ride down to Auberge du Ravage http://www.lacmoreau.comfor lunch. 100km one way. Take a different way back. Call them to let them know how many are coming. Beautiful log structure and great food. Impressive wine cellar.

http://www.viaexplora.com/snowmobile/index.html?unit=km&lat=48.404699&lng=-71.059794&zoom=16&force=1&ewaypoints=4840296,-7106378,-47228,38976,34002,-44735,13239,5830&cst=1.0,1.01,1.05&csts=&cstr=1.01&spd=50000,50000,50000