Good news, problem solved!!! Sentier#33 St-Michel OPEN,19feb2016

towing

New developement after my first post on the subject on Wednesday when a closure of a section of the trail #33 between St-Michel des Saints and Rouge-Mattawin relay have been announced because of timber transport under the responsibility of hydro-Quebec: the situation is now resolved and the trail will remain open at all times. Seems that the political pressure put from local politicians and the work of the tourims Quebec had push the state society to revise his decision.

Congratulations to everyone involved who had forced Hydro to move!

Here is my poor translation of the official statement:

Rawdon, February 19, 2016

positive turnaround in log transport under Hydro-Québec responsability

We are pleased to inform you that the snowmobile trail closure of the #33trail between the Cafeteria (Rouge-Matawin relay) and the junction of the 63 have been raised. All this segment will remain open.

This is the result of politics interventions with Hydro-Quebec, Hydro officials have agreed to delay the transportation of wood, the time to explore other solutions: Opening another bypass , transportation postponed to the end of March, etc.

We want you to know that all the solutions currently under consideration had already been made to Hydro-Québec in the last month, but were not deemed admissible. It seems that it took a crisis, a call for help to elected officials and political intervention to resolve the impasse.

In this sense, we wish to underline the cooperation of the minister responsible for the region, through Mr. Pierre-Luc Bellerose, and that of Mr. Réjean Gouin, mayor of Saint-Michel-des-Saints. Without their involvement at this stage of the case, we would not have been able to turn the tide.

That said, the case is not yet closed and other reversals are possible. However, we are hopeful that the snowmobile club will maintain all trails in operation for the remainder of the season. We will keep you informed of any further information that could have an impact on traffic snowmobile.

Best regard,

General Director ,
Denis Brochu
Tourisme Lanaudière

Action jack wrote:

Just read that this closure has been lifted as the work will be delayed until the end of March to have the least effect on snowmobiling.

I reply to you here actionjack, you are right, I receive this notice by mail around 10:00 o'clock this morning when I was at job.

To bad that all those peoples had to fight hard to solve a problem that can have been avoided if Hydro-Quebec have took the right decision first but at least, this is solved in our favor...