First Region of Quebec with a Perfect Score in 2017!

Florida Snowman

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 0:10 PM, crazysnow said:

And more SNOW on the Way !!!!!    :yahoo:  :yahoo:

420 and myself were there the last 3 days     and the perfect score was correct !!   great ride ....was a little hard finding gas on sunday .  but that should be expected .  going back next Thursday   but where??? time will tell !!!!!!     till later   Edieskidoo

Sounds to me like a Quebecrider gathering next week. Myself plus Timbo and 4 others are meeting next Thursday to ride for a week. Mild weather coming in for Wednesday for NW NB hopefully short lived! I will keep my eyes open for all of you!

Andy

47 minutes ago, Andyman said:

Sounds to me like a Quebecrider gathering next week. Myself plus Timbo and 4 others are meeting next Thursday to ride for a week. Mild weather coming in for Wednesday for NW NB hopefully short lived! I will keep my eyes open for all of you!

Andy

That might just work out Andyman,  I think we will be in the Quebec City vicinity Friday night, Universal ..RDL Saturday night.

hope to see you guys there or on the trails!

Best regards RR

6 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

That might just work out Andyman,  I think we will be in the Quebec City vicinity Friday night, Universal ..RDL Saturday night.

hope to see you guys there or on the trails!

Best regards RR

We are meeting in Cabano and then heading toward Moose Valley for a couple of nights then a tour of NB for our buddies from PA! But you never know things can change! LOL

Andy

I'll be at the Universal in RDL Jan 11-20.  Would be great to see any of you if you come that way.

Mike

BTW   The median age of Quebecriders is getting up there. Maybe we need a contest when the site becomes Quebecdrinkers.com !

Well boys we will let you know first hand . Without any plans two days ago and speaking to Iceman and Andyman on their thoughts of where to go we have thrown in two maps ,some hastily put together gear and are on the 401 heading east to Saint - Ferdinand for our starting point. The Manoir du lac William. Only ever ridden this area once a long time ago . The idea is to head towards Bas-Saint -Laurent  and back to the truck Sunday night. Since this area is new to me I will be chime in gin for some mileage and recommendations. We wanted to to NB but isn't going to happen this time.

2 hours ago, snowfarmer said:

Well boys we will let you know first hand . Without any plans two days ago and speaking to Iceman and Andyman on their thoughts of where to go we have thrown in two maps ,some hastily put together gear and are on the 401 heading east to Saint - Ferdinand for our starting point. The Manoir du lac William. Only ever ridden this area once a long time ago . The idea is to head towards Bas-Saint -Laurent  and back to the truck Sunday night. Since this area is new to me I will be chime in gin for some mileage and recommendations. We wanted to to NB but isn't going to happen this time.

Snow farmer, I would run 25 east out of lac William to 55 east all the way to tourville. Grab the 35 railbed in tourville to st Eugene, the 526 to RDL.  A nice 250/ 260 mile day. Lunch either at the club house in St  Sabine or a later lunch at the club house in St Pamphile.  Get gas at St Pamphile! That would be a great days ride!  Than, what do you do for day 2 lol?   Enjoy. Happy trails. RR

Got in around 11 and gave us a nice cabin with four bedrooms on the lake . After a good night sleep and a great breakfast we are ready to head out . We are going to take some of Road Runners suggestion we will see how far we get! I been nicknamed the pumpkin by the group . I hate my riding partners sometime ! Lol

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Love the Moto Ski orange.   My favorite sled color!

Have fun, riding should be awesome. If you end up staying a night in Riviere du Loup, my first choice would be the Universal Hotel, second would be the Levesque (which I think is a chain like Best Western or Comfort Inn, not sure, but is located across the street and up the street from the Universal).

mike

4 hours ago, snowfarmer said:

Got in around 11 and gave us a nice cabin with four bedrooms on the lake . After a good night sleep and a great breakfast we are ready to head out . We are going to take some of Road Runners suggestion we will see how far we get! I been nicknamed the pumpkin by the group . I hate my riding partners sometime ! Lol

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Geeze, David.  Why in the world would they call you "Pumpkin"????

Well we didn't get as far as planned .155 miles is all we had in us . We got a late start and made it to the club in St George for lunch around 1 . Trails all the way there were pretty much fresh groomed . We saw a bit of traffic today. More then I'm use to seeing north of the river. After lunch the trails around Lac Ecthemme (55) before and after we're not bad but have not been groomed since the latest storm . Rooms tonight were in short supply and we didn't feel like riding until 8 . We are staying at the Appalaches lodge just east of Massif . Not a bad start but may extend the trip another day . A few pics of the day .

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Nice pics, Looks like you had a good ride snow farmer, we love that little piece of paradise in and around lac etchemin.  Continue on the 55 east tomorrow. I don't think you will be disappointed, you will find some really nice straight runs on the 55 east of st Fabian tomorrow, Enjoy RR

8 hours ago, RoadRunner said:

Nice pics, Looks like you had a good ride snow farmer, we love that little piece of paradise in and around lac etchemin.  Continue on the 55 east tomorrow. I don't think you will be disappointed, you will find some really nice straight runs on the 55 east of st Fabian tomorrow, Enjoy RR

This is really a nice area. Love the sugarbush riding and the terrain changes are nice. The local club houses are great too! Thanks for the info ! 

The 55 to St Pamphile is a great trail. Lots of club houses either side of Riviere du Loup.  Not so crazy about the last 25 miles of trail #5 going to RDL, like to cut up to the green trails that go up by the St Lawrence and come in that way, or if you need more miles, aim towards the south end of trail #85, maybe go to Squatec or head northeast from 85 towards Three Pistoles and either cut back on 5 to RDL or go on to Rimouski.

St Pamphile direct to RDL is about 100 miles.

mike

1 hour ago, mikerider said:

The 55 to St Pamphile is a great trail. Lots of club houses either side of Riviere du Loup.  Not so crazy about the last 25 miles of trail #5 going to RDL, like to cut up to the green trails that go up by the St Lawrence and come in that way, or if you need more miles, aim towards the south end of trail #85, maybe go to Squatec or head northeast from 85 towards Three Pistoles and either cut back on 5 to RDL or go on to Rimouski.

St Pamphile direct to RDL is about 100 miles.

mike

Thanks Mike for the suggestions. Since we have awoke the weather forcast for home shows snow Monday / Tuesday ( we snow plow couple of us) so we won't make it to RDL to stay . We are heading up 55 into Baie St. Laurnt but will turn around and stay back in Monteganey tonight. My plan is to head back to this area in a couple of weeks with my wife.