10,00 mile report on Choko Suit

Saguenay Bill

I would like to report my experience with the Choko Extreme Touring jacket and Extreme Cordura pants as nothing but great. I rode in temps from -30F to +30F with the same results, total comfort. The liner that comes with the jacket is amazing. It keeps the wind for reaching you and when it's warm the venting system works very well. The pants are amazing. I never got cold knees. This was always a problem with any other pants that I have had. Not with these. Both the jacket and pants have lots of pockets, which I feel you can never have enought of. If you are in the market for a new suit, check out Choko. The quality is there and at a good price. Believe me, you won't go wrong if you purchase one.

• 2 months later...

This is the third season I have worn Extreme Cordura pants. I have been out in some very cold days and can honestly say I have never felt cold. This was like Bills my first year with the Extreme Touring Jacket and found it to be the best I have ever owned. I have had two other choko jackets (Bear, Pro Racing) and many Ski Doo jackets but none come close to this one. The warmth whether the liner is in or out is excellent and what I found sold me more than anything was the venting on the warmer days. The cool air coming in under your arms where you tend to heat up the most is superior to any other vented jacket I have seen.

My $0.02 worth

• 3 months later...

I'm in the market for a new pair of bibs & have a question. I see in the Choko catalog that you can't get the Cordura bibs in Tall sizes? I've got a 34" inseam & have always gotten Tall sized bibs. Do you think this would be a problem? I don't want to get a size larger than I need for the length as I don't have a lot of "girth" if you know what I mean.

I'm in the market for a new pair of bibs & have a question. I see in the Choko catalog that you can't get the Cordura bibs in Tall sizes? I've got a 34" inseam & have always gotten Tall sized bibs. Do you think this would be a problem? I don't want to get a size larger than I need for the length as I don't have a lot of "girth" if you know what I mean.

Hi revrnd

I don't know answer but I'll find out and get back to you ASAP. Thanks for the inquire.

Bill

Hi revrnd

I don't know answer but I'll find out and get back to you ASAP. Thanks for the inquire.

Bill

Hi revrnd

Got answer for you. In your case, long inseam, it was suggested to get the Deluxe pants as they come in a tall cut, with a 34"inseam. Same warnth, it also has Cordura just not quite as much, does not have the snow flap at the bottom of the leg. Go to my web site www.chokonewengland.com look at Mens clothing section for Deluxe Nylon Pant w/ Cordura seat. Come in tall sizes from Medium to XXXXL.

www.chokomewengland.com

Bill, correct the link, it's mispelled.

Thanks for the note. Choko is going to be @ the Go Snowmobiling Show in Toronto this weekend. Hopefully, they'll have some samples to try on.

Right now I have a pair of 'doo bibs that are Medium Talls. These pants w/ my old boots (replaced this February w/ Sorel Glaciers) weren't the best on the new REV. The pants would creep up towards the boot tops & there wasn't a lot of coverage over my calves.

Kris

Bill, correct the link, it's mispelled.

Thanks for the note. Choko is going to be @ the Go Snowmobiling Show in Toronto this weekend. Hopefully, they'll have some samples to try on.

Right now I have a pair of 'doo bibs that are Medium Talls. These pants w/ my old boots (replaced this February w/ Sorel Glaciers) weren't the best on the new REV. The pants would creep up towards the boot tops & there wasn't a lot of coverage over my calves.

Kris

Kris

Thank you for pointing that out. I have corrected.

Bill

Not sure about the cordura bibs, but i've had the choko deluxe nylon bibs for a few years now....probably accumulating at least 10k miles on them also. I'm about 6'2'' at 220 lb. and they fit perfect. Imo...dollar for dollar compared to other bibs owned these have been by far the best in a wide range of temps.

Not sure about the cordura bibs, but i've had the choko deluxe nylon bibs for a few years now....probably accumulating at least 10k miles on them also. I'm about 6'2'' at 220 lb. and they fit perfect. Imo...dollar for dollar compared to other bibs owned these have been by far the best in a wide range of temps.

My problem w/ the Extreme not being in a Tall size is that if I was to buy a large (rather than a medium) to get a longer leg, the suit would be HUGE on me (I'm 6' 2" as well, but 170 pounds). Looking @ the specs, like Bill says the Deluxe should be OK.

My problem w/ the Extreme not being in a Tall size is that if I was to buy a large (rather than a medium) to get a longer leg, the suit would be HUGE on me (I'm 6' 2" as well, but 170 pounds). Looking @ the specs, like Bill says the Deluxe should be OK.

For what its worth...i have the large size...i'm a 35-36'' waist..fit is pretty good once the straps are adjusted.