Traded in the Nytro back to DOO

Scranton1

I had the opportunity last season to spend a day on an '08 Nytro and put about 200 miles on it. If my mind was any more open to anything other than skidoo my brains would fall out. I couldn't wait to give back the Nytro and get back on my XP Adrenaline.

It's going to be interesting to hear what '08 XP owners have to say about the '09s and all the anticipated “updates” as people get out there and ride. I replaced Mrs. Crazed's 08 500ss TNT (not the sled for her or me) with a '09 e-tec Adrenaline and started the break in last week with a 200 mile ride in VT. Yes, it's better than our '08 TNT was but it darted a little more than I thought it should (could be a set up issue or conditions) but one thing that caught me off guard was ski lift in turns. It surprised me twice and not something I recall with my ‘08. More to come....

I would like to add my 2 cents worth about Yamaha. If the guy that posted above expects to get 28,000 miles out of his new 09 Apex he had better bring his lunch! I also hope he didn't buy the worthless extended warranty. That is the biggest rip-off I have ever been involved in, having to fight with them to honor a claim. I waited 3 months to get paid 3/4 of the bill and had to call them 50 times. The deal with 2 different companies in NA is the stupidest thing I know of. The handling and hand warmers were a huge joke. the japs don't like to admit mistakes and to pass the issues on to the customer that has paid over $10,000 to have a piece of shit snowmobile that still didn't work right is un-acceptable in my book. The entire crew that sits in the warranty department could slide into the ocean out there in California and it wouldn't bother me a bit. I have their names if anyone is interested. I would like to see those fuckers pulling a sled out of the woods for fifty miles with no brakes. At issue of course is the drive axles, first one at 12,000 miles and the second one at 16,000 miles. Check the Yamaha part #, it is the same axle that goes in most Yamaha's and they have had an issue since the 03 1 ton. The second one broke in Feb and I still haven't been paid for the repair, 3 nights in a motel waiting for repairs etc. etc. Came to about $700 bucks total. I have called the dealer in Easton who told me how he wanted to handle the warranty IF I had another problem. Did exactly what he said, dragged the broken axle back and gave him all the receipts etc., have called him repeatedly and no response. What the fuck did I pay for an extended warranty for? I am going to file a claim in small claims court next.

I think there will be a lot of people trading back to what they rode before, I personally know of a half dozen guys that are as sick of the bull-shit Yamaha-ha-ha company as I am.

The exhaust issue (3 times), the drive axles, the hand-warmers, the thumb warmer, the suspension arms and mostly the attitude of the warranty department is down-right ridiculous. I must have heard 20 times that they couldn't understand how (I) broke the drive axle. This is after thousands of them broke before mine did. Fuck you Yamaha, I wouldn't own or recommend Yamaha to my worst enemy if I had one!!!!!

I have the extended warranty and I have had nothing but good luck with it. I think the warranty is only as good as your dealership. My dealer warranties everything, no questions asked. I love my Apex and while it has had a few minor problems it has never left me stranded and I really enjoy riding it.

I would like to add my 2 cents worth about Yamaha. If the guy that posted above expects to get 28,000 miles out of his new 09 Apex he had better bring his lunch! I also hope he didn't buy the worthless extended warranty. That is the biggest rip-off I have ever been involved in, having to fight with them to honor a claim. I waited 3 months to get paid 3/4 of the bill and had to call them 50 times. The deal with 2 different companies in NA is the stupidest thing I know of. The handling and hand warmers were a huge joke. the japs don't like to admit mistakes and to pass the issues on to the customer that has paid over $10,000 to have a piece of shit snowmobile that still didn't work right is un-acceptable in my book. The entire crew that sits in the warranty department could slide into the ocean out there in California and it wouldn't bother me a bit. I have their names if anyone is interested. I would like to see those fuckers pulling a sled out of the woods for fifty miles with no brakes. At issue of course is the drive axles, first one at 12,000 miles and the second one at 16,000 miles. Check the Yamaha part #, it is the same axle that goes in most Yamaha's and they have had an issue since the 03 1 ton. The second one broke in Feb and I still haven't been paid for the repair, 3 nights in a motel waiting for repairs etc. etc. Came to about $700 bucks total. I have called the dealer in Easton who told me how he wanted to handle the warranty IF I had another problem. Did exactly what he said, dragged the broken axle back and gave him all the receipts etc., have called him repeatedly and no response. What the fuck did I pay for an extended warranty for? I am going to file a claim in small claims court next.

I think there will be a lot of people trading back to what they rode before, I personally know of a half dozen guys that are as sick of the bull-shit Yamaha-ha-ha company as I am.

The exhaust issue (3 times), the drive axles, the hand-warmers, the thumb warmer, the suspension arms and mostly the attitude of the warranty department is down-right ridiculous. I must have heard 20 times that they couldn't understand how (I) broke the drive axle. This is after thousands of them broke before mine did. Fuck you Yamaha, I wouldn't own or recommend Yamaha to my worst enemy if I had one!!!!!

i,ve been on yamaha since 1996, ive never had a warranty problem. had a complete meltdown on my 03 viper 1 mth after warranty was over and the dealer called them and they approved the work. never cost me a cent. i'll never own anything else.i've never been to a yamaha dealer who hasn't bent over backwards to help with any issues.

I am very glad to hear that there is at least one person that bought Yamaha's and didn't get it shoved you know where. I am not that hard to please, especially when it comes to snowmobiling but they really tested my patience. The dealer that I bought the sled from went belly up 8 months later so I am sure that didn't help. The guy I ended up with, Scott Brownell's at Brownell's Yamaha in Easton, NY was so sure how to handle any warranty. Guess his head is way up there also. I spent over $800 bucks for the full shot warranty which as it turns out wasn't worth 10 cents. Somebody said to me, jeez, you have 18,000 miles on the sled, what do you expect. With no mileage limits I expected Yamaha to take care of the fucking junk for the life of the warranty which including the first year was 5 years. After they changed the first set of idler wheels they told me they wouldn't be warranteed anymore. I still have the junk wheels and I think I will throw one through the window of every Yamaha dealer I come to. I could go on and on but I won't. Having put way over 18,000 miles on other sleds I know they are capable of doing it. Going back to an 05 chassis may be a little tough at first but I'll get used to it. I have tons of miles on T-cats which is basically the same thing. Just a thought, the day the second axle broke a guy from NB stopped and asked if he could help. I told him not really unless he owned a helicopter. He told me that mine was the fourth Yamaha with a broken axle he had seen that day. I wonder how many more broke that day!

Karl

the day the second axle broke a guy from NB stopped and asked if he could help. I told him not really unless he owned a helicopter. He told me that mine was the fourth Yamaha with a broken axle he had seen that day. I wonder how many more broke that day!

I really find that hard to believe the guy from NB came across 4 yamahas in one day with a broken axle.

I haven't heard of any in my area and we all have alot of miles on them. We have all had good reliability with the Apex's.

A little off season maintenance, but no more than any other high mileage sleds. I would say less, because no motor maintenance to do.

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't find it at the time of this post but i knew i saw it somewhere on a thread last spring,i just found this on another site-------------------------Look in the march 2009 ed. of Snowgoer mag. there is a guy named Bob Davis who set the world record (i don't know how they know this) for most miles on a snowmobile.He has 36,000 miles on his Yamaha 2005 rsventure including a trip of 12,163 miles in 60 days.The sled had 24,000 miles on it when he started this trip and still has not had a valve adj.,although he is on his second track. :drinks: