Spot Locator system

RoadRunner

I picked up a spot locator beacon a few weeks back and this is the real deal. A really cool device that works off satellight- different than other locator systems that require a cell phone signal. It has a help button to contact a prerecorded assistance message to friends, an optional tracking signal that anyone with a computer and your link address can watch your trip progress on a 10 minute basis. With the best safety device of a 911 button that signal their emergency headquarters to contact the closest emergency assistance to your group.

The unit is $150 and the service with the optional tracking beacons service is $150 a year US.

It works great and is a real treat for people interested in the trip you are on but unable to go.

A nice tool

Here is the link http://international.findmespot.com/

Best regards

RR

The only thing that I wish it had was several levels of emergency response. I wish it has a way of sending text messages you could type in the field. Something like "Out of gas need help soon" vs "injured rider need help NOW"

Can you record messages on the device?

The only thing that I wish it had was several levels of emergency response. I wish it has a way of sending text messages you could type in the field. Something like "Out of gas need help soon" vs "injured rider need help NOW"

Can you record messages on the device?

DooBraap, you can record a custom check in message and the help message prior to your departure from your computer.

the check in message is usually something like, we are taking a break, and or in for the night----ect

the help message is usually like ------we need you to send assistance, we are all ok but unable to move for our location due to mechanical breakdown ect

This is the next option down from signaling emergency service

It would be nice for some field features, perhaps that will come.

Best regards

RR

I have had one for a year now. I have used it all over the place even in Europe. I take it on the boat, in the truck, hiking, just about everywere. It really works well. It does make my wife feel better when I am off being adventursome. I always leave a plan of what I am doing with a few people so that if I use the send help button they will have a clue what I might need. Leaving a plan with folks is always a good idea anyway. The folks on my help list know to contact my wife or son to see how to help.

I have used mine for over a year and it is great for having family and friends follow your route. I also ride alone some and the 911 feature is a bit of piece of mind.

It also worked in Peru and Equador!!!

GW