1002 miles in 4.5 days

Sled Dog

Hey all, quick report. We dropped at Maniwaki, rode to Joncas, Balbazard, Rabaska, Mekoos and back to Maniwaki. Trails were for the most part great. The thaw did harden them up pretty good but it started snowing and by Friday some areas had 6 inches so after grooming I'd say they would be perfect!!! Let me know if anyone wants info on our trip and I'll try to help!!

Hey all, quick report. We dropped at Maniwaki, rode to Joncas, Balbazard, Rabaska, Mekoos and back to Maniwaki. Trails were for the most part great. The thaw did harden them up pretty good but it started snowing and by Friday some areas had 6 inches so after grooming I'd say they would be perfect!!! Let me know if anyone wants info on our trip and I'll try to help!!

Hey Dog, did you find many trails around Maniwaki sharing 4 wheeler trails? We did a few weeks back. Maybe we were on wrong trail. Poorly marked we thought. Was Balbazard still good? Where exactly is Rabaska? Place to stay there? Thanks

For the most part around Maniwaki I did not notice that the 4-wheelers had been on the trails. Rabaska is north-east of the Baskatong. Great place to stay with nice cabins. Last time we were there they made room in their heated garage for our sleds. It was very cold (-40F) and the 4-strokes wouldn't start at that temp. We did have to share some trails with 4-wheelers around there. We rode the Mcdoo?? trail there which was very good. Not signed as well as the federation trails but if you know where you want to go you'll get there.

Balbazard was great also. The waitress/bartender/owner is very nice to look at! On the trail you can see the remnents of the forest fire that went through there. Brutal....