Quebec-New Brunswick trip

zeusand

My friend Bob and I left Riviere du-Loup Tue morning on beautiful trails heading east to St. Ann des monts but my track came apart at 40 miles into the trip. Luckily we were close to a road and called C.A. Sports back in RDL and 1 hour later they came and got us. At 2:00 we were back on the trail and made it to Matane by 7:00, 240 miles. We stayed at the Riotel.

DSC00539.jpg

Heading to Mont St. Pierre

DSC00542.jpg

more Mont St. Pierre

DSC00543.jpg

DSC00545.jpg

IMO this is the most beautiful place in Quebec

DSC00546.jpg

DSC00547.jpg

Took the 597 down to Perce 288 miles for the day

DSC00552.jpg

Next day stayed in Carleton, About 35 miles East of Cross point. 185 miles today.

Took the flatbed next day to Campbellton, New Brunswick and rode to Edmunston 217 miles

DSC00554.jpg

Sat morning Left Edmunston at 7:30A.M. heading back to our truck in RDL. Thought this was really cool, a Ice Road going across a couple mile wide lake somewhere between De Gelis and Cabano

DSC00561.jpg

Made it to the Hotel Universal in by 10 A.M.80 miles on very high speed awesome trails loaded up and headed home. Had a great time other than wasting half a day getting a new track put on the first day. :drinks:

Stan

Great trip. We've done the same route minus the flatbed ride. Was the river not open or just sketchy. I'm thinking of doing a similar route in the next couple weeks.

Spoke with N.B. club and was told better to take flatbed or could cross at my own risk, sounded sketchy to me!

Spoke with N.B. club and was told better to take flatbed or could cross at my own risk, sounded sketchy to me!
....... I stayed at the motel right there friday nite and shot across the river (not recommended) in the morning around 9:00am sat. Where you there then? I didnt see anybody getting loaded in the morning. I guessed I missed ya.