Mid Range's new toy.....

Mid Range

Just snow checked April 3rd for a 2010 Turbo Dragon.I'm going to celebrate this in Cuba.Leaving from Montréal on April 4 to Varadero :yahoo::drinks:

untitled.jpg

I am also looking to upgrade to a Polaris Turbo! Anyone heard of any problems with this engine? Cold weather starting? Turbo issues? I have not heard anything bad which means it is probably a good engine. I did hear that the fuel milage is the 18 to 20 mpgs. Does this sound correct? Any info would help. By the way Mid Range Nice dragon.

I am also looking to upgrade to a Polaris Turbo! Anyone heard of any problems with this engine? Cold weather starting? Turbo issues? I have not heard anything bad which means it is probably a good engine. I did hear that the fuel milage is the 18 to 20 mpgs. Does this sound correct? Any info would help. By the way Mid Range Nice dragon.

I'm on my second one. I purchased the 2006 FST Classic and it did have some issues although i always got the recalls done and never had an issue on the trail. Polaris took care of the issues and last year i decided to go with the 2009 Turbo Switchback. I wanted the longer track for solo touring and i wanted all the improvements Polaris made after the first production year. I rode with 2 Apexes on close to a 1500 mile tour in late Feb in Quebec and we rode litre for litre, almost to the cup!

Very very good Weber engine. I started this engine between -20C to -28C without problem. The kkk turbo is perfect and you just have to let your sled idling for a minute or 2 to let the turbo cool down. I average 19 mpg at cruise speed. I own SB turbo 2009.

You can obtain more info on www.polarisfiles.com for that sled. You will find a FAQ with full of info. On that site and on CMIQ web site, you will also find info on Yayou/Desperado's ECU reflash. A lot of FST owners applied his upgrade and is highly recommended to gain more potential from that superb sled.

Edited by guyzoun

I have a buddy with an 08 one....has over 8k miles on his already...been flawless. As far as getting 18-20 mpg...more like 16. He rides mostly in the Forge region of NY and Quebec. Real nice sled.