Groomer I have a question

GT Rider

hi gt rider !!

first of all ,congrats !!! greaaaat pics !!

the crop is canola ,they do vegetal oil with that and some more stuff.there s a few fields of that up the hills around town .

your second pic is the famous salmon pool ''the forks ''.on the left side is the matapedia river and on the right the causapscal river.the pics i took a few weeks back of the salmons jumping the falls on the causapscal river ,about 10miles up the river.

pics with the cable bridge ,i live not too far from there .

the pic with the church ,if you look closely on the left ,you can see a bit of brown,white and blue ,this is where i went to school for my 1,2,3 and 4 th grade and the brown building on the right side of the church , i did my 5 th and 6 th grade there .thats a long time ago ,late 60 ' s and early 70 s !! ha !! ha !!

like a lot the angle of pic 4 of the matapedia river. :good:

just too bad we missed .just curious when did you came in town???

groomer !!!

Hi Groomer,

Thanks for the complement on my photos.

I think your photos are fantastic.

I have been snowmobiling in Quebec since 1999. I finally had the chance to visit in summer. I have been talking about it for years with my wife. We decided to make it happen this summer.

I passed through town on Monday July 20 on my way to Carleton. I should have emailed you to see if you would be in town. Wow I was so close to your home.

It was nice to get a different perspective from winter. You live in a very beautiful place. I enjoyed the scenery driving along the matapedia.

I remember a few years ago you posted photos of the river flooding in town before the snow fall. I think you said the river was up to the gazebo. Now I can appreciate how high the river had risen.

like it here , just 2-3 miles outside town and i m already in the woods .if you like widlife ,its the place to be.you probably noticed that long hill just beside the salmon pool , i use that road to go to my camp,from that road you can go to la cache (75 miles ) and gaspesie park (100 miles ).from your second pic ,it s on the right side of the bridge.

on your way to carleton ,about 18 miles from town ,there was a covered bridge on the right side of the road in routhierville ,most of the houses on the other side of the river are owned by americans from maine ,vermont,new hampshire and mass.salmon anglers.

then ,just a few miles lower ,after the second bridge, on the right side of the road ,there' s a place called ''glenn emma '' ,this is where your ex president , jimmy carter went fishing back in 82 .

a little bit lower down the river ,a place called ''cold spring camp '' this is where he probably stayed when he came.just a few miles before the st alexis bridge.

you were very close to where i live ,less than half a mile !!! ha !! ha !!

i was looking at your pic of mount hog' s back ,about 3 weeks ago a wowan on the french forum posted a pic of mount jacques-cartier and there was still a few little spots of snow there.

thanks !!

groomer !!!

Groomer

Wow I did not realize you can cut across to la cache from there.

Thanks for the info. I did not know that the president went fishing in Gaspe.

I can understand why the Americans would own homes in routhierville. Its Beautiful there.

I stopped By the covered bridge.

Quebec709184.jpg

I stopped along 299 going north. I did not see any moose but I think one was here.

Quebec709267.jpg

Quebec709268.jpg

Quebec709269.jpg

Matane Ferry

Quebec709316.jpg

Quebec709314.jpg

Edited by GT Rider

wow !! pics are getting better !! :good:

back in june , i went working about 4 miles from the bridge ,up the hills for about a week.nice pics of the bridge with the trees on both side.

back in the 50's ,60' s, and early 70' ,there was a big hotel in routhierville , just before the bridge going east.only a few cabins left now .it was the ''place '' for dancing !!! don t worry , i don t dance !!!

the road i was talking about to go to la cache ,it s a dirt road .it s a 2 hrs drive (average ).right now ,there 's no trucking on the road ,so it s a little bit rough.i use that road for 18 miles to got to my camp.

groomer !!!

awesome pics again!!

my dad has been a guide for salmon anglers on the patapedia river for 30 years +.

looking at the pic of manic 5 reservoir ,a friend of mine used to go on the reservoir in mid april for a 4-5 days trip when the ice was good.they were riding up to rené-levasseur island and into the mounts groulx.all the guys had their own sleight to bring gas ,food ,etc.they had a few camps around the reservoir to spent the night.

in 80 or 81 i ve been to manic 5 for a mx race.the track was 15 miles on the left side of the dam.those of you who stopped at the yamaha dealer in mont st pierre probably noticed that the owner has an artificial leg.when i arrived at the track ,he was practicing,crashed his bike and his leg got caught between the swingarm and the rear wheel.

he wanted to go back to baie comeau using a hydroplane near by on a lake.organisators said no!!!

time for the ambulance to go up there from baie comeau close to 3 hrs.he probably lost his leg because it took so much time.

i don t know much the norht shore ,i ve been to baie comeau a few times for mx races and a few deliveries.

groomer !!!

awesome pics again!!

my dad has been a guide for salmon anglers on the patapedia river for 30 years +.

looking at the pic of manic 5 reservoir ,a friend of mine used to go on the reservoir in mid april for a 4-5 days trip when the ice was good.they were riding up to rené-levasseur island and into the mounts groulx.all the guys had their own sleight to bring gas ,food ,etc.they had a few camps around the reservoir to spent the night.

in 80 or 81 i ve been to manic 5 for a mx race.the track was 15 miles on the left side of the dam.those of you who stopped at the yamaha dealer in mont st pierre probably noticed that the owner has an artificial leg.when i arrived at the track ,he was practicing,crashed his bike and his leg got caught between the swingarm and the rear wheel.

he wanted to go back to baie comeau using a hydroplane near by on a lake.organisators said no!!!

time for the ambulance to go up there from baie comeau close to 3 hrs.he probably lost his leg because it took so much time.

i don t know much the norht shore ,i ve been to baie comeau a few times for mx races and a few deliveries.

groomer !!!

I bet you must know all the good spots and when to be there. :good:

Your salmon photos are great.

Here are a few more photos from the north shore.

I am realy looking foward to my first north shore snowmobile trip (with the boat ride to Gaspe detour).

Baie Johan-Beetz

Quebec709627.jpg

Quebec709628.jpg

Watshishou River

Quebec709620.jpg

Quebec709625.jpg

Natashquan

Quebec709601.jpg

Quebec709603.jpg

Maritime-Tundra

Quebec709636.jpg

Quebec709639.jpg

Quebec709634.jpg

Edited by GT Rider

awesome pics again gt rider !!!

that first pic of natashquan ,wow !! like it !! light is even everywhere ,great for the eyes !!

the second pic of the watshishou river ,great colors !!

pics with the tundra ,we have stuff like that (swamp ) at my camp .probably the only place on the z e c .

first pic on top ,geeeeeez !!! must be tough for a lawn mower !!! :D

all great pics , thanks for sharing !!

groomer !!!

groomer, did you ever race at any of the SCORE-CANADA races in 1979-1984 ?

hi goose !!

the only races i entered was in the gaspesie only .very small races.nothing to compare with a us ntl.back in the 80' s ,i followed for about 15 years the mx races here in pq on the provincial level with a few ntl .i met top riders here in canada and also a few americans.iwas trading my pics for jerseys and stickers.

went to the ntl in binghampton ,ny back in 85 .just too bad ,i had only a very cheap camera at that time.

groomer !!!