Joliette / St-Zénon / Mt-tremblant park 26 december

towing

Note: We receive a mix a precipitation that improve the conditions all over the area since this report. A mix of ice and snow with some rain at very low temperarure fall over the area last night. Here in the south we receive around 2-3 inches of hail/ice and some low temp rain and there is more snow and less rain in the north. Here the conditions will be better and will improved as soon as the groomers will be able to work this compact material that will help to make us a strong trail base that will hold over the traffic. It will be even better up north...

Yesterday 26 december, my wife and I try a ride start from home in the south of Lanaudiere. The strong winds had sweep some new snow in the trail and the strechs in fields are very nice

dsc06510.jpg

What seems a good idea at first wasn't so good because as soon as we hit the woods, snow miss was evident and the dirt was mixed up with the snow and ruff conditions

dsc06511.jpg

We still continued our trip and ride in St-Gabriel de Brandon direction. Conditions improved pretty fast as we climbed up in the moutains that were all white frosted

dsc06514.jpg

dsc06515.jpg

Trail become superb after the Pourvoirie St-Damien

dsc06516.jpg

It had not been groomed since last snow fall but still very good conditions

dsc06517.jpg

We continued on the the #345 trail and take the 350 to lunch at La Glaciere. After lunch, we took the #63 in south direction to go in Coin Lavigne direction to give a try on the Mt-Tremblant park.The first part of the trail was freshly groomed and perfect

dsc06519.jpg

dsc06610.jpg

The last part was a little bumpy but with enougt snow. There was only the last 1 mile before Coin Lavigne that have lumberjack activity.

dsc06518.jpg

dsc06520.jpg

to be continued...

and we arrive at coin Lavigne

dsc06611.jpg

We fuel up and hit the Mt-tremblant park. The grooming was perfect and we can open the throttle with no problem but the trail suffered from traffic and some dirt had mixed up with snow...

dsc06612.jpg

In spite of that, the Mt-Tremlant park is really magic to ride...

dsc06613.jpg

We just ride around 10 miles in the park because we kew we had a long way home and time was running too fast so we took the # 63 trail down in La glaciere direction. this trail was in really good shape with real beautiful white snow

dsc06614.jpg

A mix of ice, hail and snow slowly begin to fall...

dsc06615.jpg

the #63 in this area is superb..

dsc06616.jpg

dsc06617.jpg

And from the Glacière we took back the same trails we took in the morning. We received a mix of all stuffs on the head during the return but when it changed in snow in St-Damien area around 19:00, it was snowing so much that the visibility was near zero. Snow flakes were so big it was like falling cookies !!! we arrived around 20:30 with 231 miles on the dreammeter a little tired but very happy.

Bye

Alain

As Alway, Alain.........you be da man. Great report and pics.!!

Krissy and I are leaving for our place in St-Donat tomorrow. Hope to see you on the trails at New Year's time.

I'll be on my Rush and Krissy on her blue 600 Classic.

timbo

Krissy and I are leaving for our place in St-Donat tomorrow. Hope to see you on the trails at New Year's time.

timbo

Let me know how you like the Rush! I was sooo close to buying one, but I held off. Waiting to see if they come out with a DI 600 in 2011. Did you get the bags? Are they big enough to fit everything? They look small to me.

timbo

Haha, thank you timbo :good:

It will be a pleasure to shake your hand if we get this chance :drinks:

You can take a look on the ride report i just made from yesterday (28 dec) on St-Donat side, a teaser for you :D

Have a great trip and take care :drinks:

Alain