Writing an article, requesting input

Greg du Vermont

\\Don't let the map fool you we have a lot of great trails and start taking care in early november choping the plowed fields.

i have always done at least 1500mls a year here and could do more if i had more money as for logding there is a local establishement that has that and

adult entertainment as well

Here's a couple of pics from the past few years....the second one was in early december we just cross the street from my house and the trail is right there. I also put the water tower pic for those who have passed so they can recognize where i am from.

post-61-1257258007.jpg

post-61-1257258038.jpg

post-61-1257258068.jpg

post-61-1257258364.jpg

post-61-1257258520.jpg

Edited by mustang00

I started riding over the boarder from pittsburg NH from a friends camp over 24 yrs ago. You quickly understand riding in Quebec,,, that this form of recreation is a little more than just a sport. Its a "passion" and a way of "life" in winter in Quebec. As a result of this Passion and pride, by considering this "is" their invention. They have developed probably the finest networking system, that a snowmobiler can ever experiance.

I started riding over the boarder from pittsburg NH from a friends camp over 24 yrs ago. You quickly understand riding in Quebec,,, that this form of recreation is a little more than just a sport. Its a "passion" and a way of "life" in winter in Quebec. As a result of this Passion and pride, by considering this "is" their invention. They have developed probably the finest networking system, that a snowmobiler can ever experiance.

Very well said!! You know summer comes and I say to myself looking at the trailer (I think I am going to sell out after next winter, exchange rate is bad cost to much to go! Bla bla bla) then the fall weather comes and forget it!! All that comes to my mind is going back to Quebec. Same with this year, I thought I will just go to New York this year. Started reading posts on this sight and now I have 2 weeks planned for Quebec! You now why? NewYork is just not good enough!! If you want to ride and enjoy yourself you have to go Quebec.

What a fantastic thread. :yahoo: When I asked for input I had no idea how nice of a piece this would be. Think of the great promotion our thoughts are to people who may be considering making Quebec a destination. :good: I hope many of our quebec friends read our comments and feel a great sense of pride. :clapping:

I have taken many of our reoccurring sentiments and incorporated them into my article. Once the magazine is published I will post the article and QR's can see if I did us proud in expressing our reasons on "Why Americans Snowmobile Quebec"

The Sports Motorises magazine is a great example of how the AdmdQ projects the sport of snowmobiling in a very positive and credible light. I am working on having issues of the magazine mailed directly to American members of the AdmdQ. We are trying to work out a more affordable way to make this happen.

I invite others to add to this post as it is a great record that should definetly keep growing. Thank you for your participation.

PS: I will forward information on how many trail passes are sold to Americans.

whoa, whoa, whoa,

i don't want anyone else knowing in the US, how wonderfull it is to ride in Quebec, can you squash the article in English????

hahaha!

Thanks

Don

Edited by MrGutz

Like many others I have been riding in Quebec for 30 years or more. I don't remember the year I first rode in PARADISE, but I was very small and riding my Yamaha Enticer 340. My "uncle" (actually like 756th cousin through the wood pile) had been riding in VT and Qc for quite some time. My father and I met up with him and his buddies in Derby, Vt although we were all from NJ. I will never forget, we crossed the border through customs in line with the cars! When you are maybe 9 or 10 years old, that is some pretty cool stuff to LEGALLY ride on the road! Well, we headed up toward Drummondville and Thetford Mines etc. Been going back ever since. Now I go up with friends and my family, as my parents don't ride any more due to their health and age.

About 10 - 12 years ago I went for the first time with some friends to a new to me destination, starting out of the Hotel Lac Beauport just outside Quebec City. Started there several times over the next decade or so. Now the trail to the hotel is closed. Here is where it gets neat. Last year was my parents 50th wedding anniversary. My wife and I took countless trays of slides, (the way people used to take photographs) and looked through them to have them put on a CD/DVD for my parents to watch vs. having to use the old slide projector and screen. It was cool to see many old photos and brought back memories. Now, I always knew my parents went to Quebec on their honeymoon to go skiing. Never knew exactly where. Never asked. Always assumed it was Mt. Tremblant, Grey Rocks etc. Well when going through these pictures I begin recognizing the hotel! And the famous hammered finish copper fire place flu, and the front porch etc. Yup you guessed it! For nearly 10 years I had ridden out of the very same hotel they went to on their honeymoon! I just HOPE I didn't stay in the same room or bed they did! eeewwwwww! :wacko:

They always spoke about how great of a trip they had and how nice the people were etc.. Well, it is great to see that some things don't change! :clapping:

I have SOOOO MANY GREAT stories. In fact, my friends and I love the wilderness of Quebec so much, we went there on my bachelor party trip in July 2000! We rented 4 wheelers and rode the very same trails we ride in the summer. What an AWESOME time! We talk often about going back but have not done so yet for summertime fun.

You know what? Even when you come upon bumpy trails, which we all have once in a great while, as much as it is a rarity, it is still a GREAT time! And you know what? Even a chitty trail in Quebec is on par or better that any weekend trail in the states! I have also met some INCREDIBLE friends riding in Quebec. Both Americans and Canadians. We now go up and ride with our Canadian friends regularly and usually stay at their home or at one of the Chalet's. They are just the greatest people and have become like family!

Edited by Shane