park mt. tremblant

artcat900

Anybody know more info about this? found this on HCS

We won't have any problem to ride the Mt-Tremblant park this sled season but there are big chances that it will be the last one we get acces to it. We are very lucky to be able to ride it again this year, negotiation with governement lead to an extension to give the time to local snowmobile clubs to reorganize and figure out alternate trails. When the process will be completed, we won't have acces to the park anymore but we should have new trails outside the park for the equivalent kilometers of the park trails...

The trails in the Mt-Tremblant park are in the best trails of Lanaudiere, so don't miss your chance and put it in the "to ride list" this season you won't regret it... it is a "must-ride trail" that won't be available for so long...

Anybody know more info about this? found this on HCS

We won't have any problem to ride the Mt-Tremblant park this sled season but there are big chances that it will be the last one we get acces to it. We are very lucky to be able to ride it again this year, negotiation with governement lead to an extension to give the time to local snowmobile clubs to reorganize and figure out alternate trails. When the process will be completed, we won't have acces to the park anymore but we should have new trails outside the park for the equivalent kilometers of the park trails...

The trails in the Mt-Tremblant park are in the best trails of Lanaudiere, so don't miss your chance and put it in the "to ride list" this season you won't regret it... it is a "must-ride trail" that won't be available for so long...

sure hope thats not true :sad: are surely some great trails keep us informed

The Provincial park issue has been around for a long time. It just seems to get pushed back year after year. I know that some parks are now prohibiting snowmobiles, however if I am not mistaken there has to be an alternative trail to by pass what was is being lost. The Tremblant park is a major artery and one of the most beautiful places to ride, as mentionned above I hope it doesn't come down to banning snowmobiles.

It's me that post the above information on HCS. The snowmobile had been banned in all provincial parks in Quebec few years ago not only Mt-Tremblant park. It is the application of this decision that have been delayed to let the time to the differents area to make alternate trails. Only the provincial parks are touch by this decision this is why we loose acces to Haute-Gorge park few years ago, Mt-Valins Park this year and Mt-Tremblant pretty soon. It's very bad news but many attemps have been done to reverse these decisions without succes... in the circumstance, it's a big chance we have to still ride the Mt-tremblant park this season... Don't miss it !!!

Note that wildlife reserves are not touched by this decision so we still have trails in the Mastigouche and Mattawin wild life reserve in Lanaudiere, no problems on this side.

Alain

Edited by towing

It's me that post the above information on HCS. The snowmobile had been banned in all provincial parks in Quebec few years ago not only Mt-Tremblant park. It is the application of this decision that have been delayed to let the time to the differents area to make alternate trails. Only the provincial parks are touch by this decision this is why we loose acces to Haute-Gorge park few years ago, Mt-Valins Park this year and Mt-Tremblant pretty soon. It's very bad news but many attemps have been done to reverse these decisions without succes... in the circumstance, it's a big chance we have to still ride the Mt-tremblant park this season... Don't miss it !!!

Note that wildlife reserves are not touched by this decision so we still have trails in the Mastigouche and Mattawin wild life reserve in Lanaudiere, no problems on this side.

Alain

Just goes to show although we may not want to beleive it Canada's government is as screwed up as ours.We have to find a way to stop putting rich,indignant bastards into power.These people are so out of touch with reality they don't even realize how foolish some of their ideas are. These same parks in the summer time are full of people with cars,boats on the water etc. All the camping areas are around lakes where do you think the sewage goes.It's all a big joke like Algores global warming and the Clinton's health care?socialized medicine I had always hoped the people from the great white north would show more common sense but i guess their leaders are as bad as ours. :wacko: