be safe out there...

blizzman

This will be more suitable for many users overhere

Stay off the water, snowmobile group warns

The GazetteDecember 21, 2009 9:13

MONTREAL - Despite recent frigid temperatures across Quebec, snowmobilers should avoid lake and river crossings, says the Association des Motoneigistes du Québec.

The warning follows the death Saturday of a snowmobiler who plunged into a small lake near Godbout, about 350 kilometres north of Quebec City. The man's two companions were rescued and are recuperating in the hospital.

The surface of a lake or river can appear frozen, but the thickness of the ice might not be enough to bear the weight of a snowmobile and its riders, the Quebec snowmobile organization says. Ice should be at least 15 centimetres thick before snowmobilers venture onto a lake or river.

Drowning is one of the main causes of death in snowmobile accidents, the snowmobile organization noted in a news release today.

Snowmobile route conditions and warnings are available on the group's web site.

This will be more suitable for many users overhere

Stay off the water, snowmobile group warns

The GazetteDecember 21, 2009 9:13

MONTREAL - Despite recent frigid temperatures across Quebec, snowmobilers should avoid lake and river crossings, says the Association des Motoneigistes du Québec.

The warning follows the death Saturday of a snowmobiler who plunged into a small lake near Godbout, about 350 kilometres north of Quebec City. The man's two companions were rescued and are recuperating in the hospital.

The surface of a lake or river can appear frozen, but the thickness of the ice might not be enough to bear the weight of a snowmobile and its riders, the Quebec snowmobile organization says. Ice should be at least 15 centimetres thick before snowmobilers venture onto a lake or river.

Drowning is one of the main causes of death in snowmobile accidents, the snowmobile organization noted in a news release today.

Snowmobile route conditions and warnings are available on the group's web site.

I agree, but i couldn't find the article in english.

Thanks Midrange.

how are the trails in your area?

Club Pingouin hasn't started yet.

PSDA is almost done packing.

We are sending a groomer up to Danford at the end of this week...

Thanks Midrange.

how are the trails in your area?

Club Pingouin hasn't started yet.

PSDA is almost done packing.

We are sending a groomer up to Danford at the end of this week...

The railroad bed is groomed between Mki and Kaz since december 12 but that's about it for now.I heard they will be packing between Lytton and Le Domaine.Val d'Or is now in charge of TQ 63 further west.

Let's keep our fingers crossed for the upcoming storm later in the week.We need snow!!!! coz if we get rain the season will be delayed

The railroad bed is groomed between Mki and Kaz since december 12 but that's about it for now.I heard they will be packing between Lytton and Le Domaine.Val d'Or is now in charge of TQ 63 further west.

Let's keep our fingers crossed for the upcoming storm later in the week.We need snow!!!! coz if we get rain the season will be delayed

:yahoo: That is good for sure, Val d'Or club always does a better job of grooming :good:

thanks for the info. and yes... we need more snow!

:yahoo: That is good for sure, Val d'Or club always does a better job of grooming :good:

We all do a great job grooming !! last year was just a bad year for Ours Blanc and pingouin due to machinery failure.

http://lcn.canoe.ca/lcn/infos/regional/arc...220-172233.html

Very sad.... it's the begining of the season...please stay safe..

Yes, a terrible accident. Everyone needs to be very careful around water this early in the season. I think last season started very much the same, wasn't there a hockey player go through the ice in Western Quebec about this time?

Yes, a terrible accident. Everyone needs to be very careful around water this early in the season. I think last season started very much the same, wasn't there a hockey player go through the ice in Western Quebec about this time?

correct....... Hubert "Pit" Martin on november 30 th 2008 on Kanasuta lake near Rouyn-Noranda.