Gaspe info

Sled Dog

We are leaving from RDL on Monday, 3/8. Want to do 200+ miles a day. Any suggestions where to stay? Thinking Matane for the first night. I'm already thinking we'll take 5 to Gaspe, take the trail that cuts between 5 and 597 and head back. Maybe do a loop south of Matane....587...stop in to see Groomer if possible. What do you guys think?

Don't know what hotels to stay in yet but I figured we'd go by whatever that nights hotel tells us...

From what I've been reading it sounds like 595 may be out?

Thanks!

quality inn in matane ...........1 888 367 3248

le delice in mont st pierre 1 800 797 2202

village grande nature chic chocs in st octave 1 800 530 2349

hotel copper in murdochville ...1 888 511 2566

motel mont st pierre ....1 800 797 2202

auberge l ambassaduer in amqui ...1 888 588 6464

select hotel ...amqui ........1 800 463 0831

blue sky here this morning again.- 15 c at 6 30 am , -5c right now.

groomer !!!

quality inn in matane ...........1 888 367 3248

le delice in mont st pierre 1 800 797 2202

village grande nature chic chocs in st octave 1 800 530 2349

hotel copper in murdochville ...1 888 511 2566

motel mont st pierre ....1 800 797 2202

auberge l ambassaduer in amqui ...1 888 588 6464

select hotel ...amqui ........1 800 463 0831

blue sky here this morning again.- 15 c at 6 30 am , -5c right now.

WOW!!! you ARE the man!! groomer.

Great info and in just minutes after the question. do you have satellite internet on that tractor? ha ha ha

Bob

groomer !!!

Thanks for the info Towing! Any more? We are leaving from RDL on Monday, 3/8. Want to do 200+ miles a day. Any suggestions where to stay? Thinking Matane for the first night. I'm already thinking we'll take 5 to Gaspe, take the trail that cuts between 5 and 597 and head back. Maybe do a loop south of Matane....587...stop in to see Groomer if possible. What do you guys think?

From what your saying it sounds like 595 may be out?

Matane is propably a good choice, we had started from RDL at the beginning of the afternoon and were in Matane at noon of the next day for lunch time and the snow condition for acces was ok. Your route sounds good but maybe you may ensure you can get to Gaspé and the local trail to the 597 which i'm not sure about snow condition...

When we lunched at Cooper hotel Murdochville, the lady told us that she still had place for sleep but that she was booked 2 days in advance the week before so if you planned to sleep there, you should make your reservation in advance because they are the only hotel in the place and you will have a long ride to find an other place for your night...

As for the 595, If they receive some new snow it may be ok but it was litterally on ice and mud (not on brown snow) on the last 2 miles before LaCache last monday and was crazy icy on the first 15 miles north from there. All the rest of our route had good to excellent snow condition. There is some rerouting of the #5 trail in Rimouski and also Mont-Joli because of impassable rivers but the detour are well marked and there is no problem at all with that.

On the loop south to Matane, don't miss the Mont St-Pierre near La Redemption that is absolutely outstanding...

Have a good trip !!!

Alain

Thanks for the info! In RDL right now and it looks like spring! Parking lot is muddy, trail in front of hotel is mud/snow. The hotel says all trails leading out are good though so....it is what it is!!!

Heading to Matane tomorrow. I`ll post up conditons when I can!!