Wolf???

Kel

Anyone know if this is a wolf or not? 5 more jumped out of the woods and started running at us. Didnt have the guts to get a pic...just got the hell out

Kel

Facial markings do not look like a wolf. I am no expert but the one's I have seen in Quebec did not look like that. Your picture looks more like a husky the way it's face and ears are marked. Why there were 5 more of them though?? Perhaps wild dogs?? Don't blame you for getting out of there, oh you didn't say where you saw them?

Facial markings do not look like a wolf. I am no expert but the one's I have seen in Quebec did not look like that. Your picture looks more like a husky the way it's face and ears are marked. Why there were 5 more of them though?? Perhaps wild dogs?? Don't blame you for getting out of there, oh you didn't say where you saw them?

We were about 5 miles outside of Weymatachi Indian Town. Our first thoughts were wolfs but after seeing the rest we figured wild dogs. Still quite nervous when they came running at us.

Kel

Wild dogs can be just as bad. With more and more wolves being spotted in many areas, it's possible that inbreeding with domestic Huskies and Shepherds is going to start happening, especially in the remote areas like you're talking.

They may have gotten loose from a dog sled and found you in hopes of some scooby snacks...Lol...Def. not wolf. Wild dogs ??? Prob. wouldn't come running at you...

I don't know, we've had packs of wild dogs on the farm and we've had to shoot some because they were trying to attack. Maybe they were rabid?

I don't know, we've had packs of wild dogs on the farm and we've had to shoot some because they were trying to attack. Maybe they were rabi

I have seen a dead wolf in the trail 3 years ago near Weymanachie right near the relais on the lake (I think it's closed now) but that sure doesn't look like a wolf to me.

Wolves are abundant north of the river. The caretaker in Casey talks of wolves and black bear frequently.

My neighbor studies wolves. Any time there is a suspected wolf sighting SOUTH of the St. Lawrence river she travels to get a sample of hair or poop whathave you and sends it for DNA analysis. Sounds corny but true.

She claims wolves have interbred with coyotes and dogs in the last ten years.

That sure is one big mean looking dog. I wouldn't have stopped either!

We saw a wolf this year on the trail between the Indian Reserve and Louvicourt in the Park. It was huge, we were closer to Louvicourt and in the swamps.

I was really timid and ran off into the bush quickly when we came up on it.

Last year we were driving the rail bed to Temischaming to Ville Marie and we caught up to two Lynx chasing a rabbit. They were the coolest looking animals. They ran into the bush but only a few feet in and we could see them peering out at us.

Haven't seen a moose yet though...