Help get me to Mt. Valin! I have 7 days of riding

snowpromod

Hi All,

Our group is looking to see Mt. Valin this year - we have the week of 1/16/11 - 1/22/11 and will be crossing into Canada via NY! We would like to cut the truck time down and make it sled time, so we are looking for a good starting point and route - two different routes for the trip up and back would be great! How many days should we plan to ride around Mt. Valin? I was thinking 2 days to get up there, 3 days around Mt. Valin, and 2 days to get back to the truck! Our only Quebec riding thus far is around the St. Donat area, we are looking forward to exploring some new areas - in March we have the Gaspe planned!! :)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Hi All,

Our group is looking to see Mt. Valin this year - we have the week of 1/16/11 - 1/22/11 and will be crossing into Canada via NY! We would like to cut the truck time down and make it sled time, so we are looking for a good starting point and route - two different routes for the trip up and back would be great! How many days should we plan to ride around Mt. Valin? I was thinking 2 days to get up there, 3 days around Mt. Valin, and 2 days to get back to the truck! Our only Quebec riding thus far is around the St. Donat area, we are looking forward to exploring some new areas - in March we have the Gaspe planned!! :)

I sent you a PM.

Bill

Hi All,

Many times we use to start in St. Jovite and make our way to Mt Valins. Takes about 2 1/2 days at the least with 3-4 of us. Not sure what you have in mind for a return route, but its a good weeks ride at any rate going the most direct route.

Sometimes the south side of Lac St. Jean has poor snow conditions at that time of year which may force you to take the longer nw route around.

I also say leave from Shawinagan area. Great ride to Mt Valin. Take the 3 trail up the river to the ferry and go 93 to the mountains. Perfect 2 day ride to get there. If you need more info pm me I will be happy to help. Steve