Gloves

Greg du Vermont

If I’m not alone in the near endless search for the perfect snowmobiling gloves, you may find this report of interest.

When it’s time for new gloves, I often purchase what I believe will be a good glove only to be dissatisfied. At any given point, I probably own 4+ pairs of brand name gloves, all of which failed to meet my wants and needs and have been relegated to a self, the trunk of the car, the kids or the shovel. When I do find the right combination of warmth and features, my satisfaction only last as long as the gloves and my search begins again. I’ve been going through this routine for at 30+ years and 100,000 miles. Maybe it’s just me, maybe snowmobilers are just a tough bunch to satisfy.

This year I have had the opportunity and pleasure of trying the PrimaFLEX gloves by Vortex-sport. They come in glove, mitten and claw design. Here’s the deal after riding 1,200 miles with these, I believe that I may have found the next great thing in Snowmobile gloves.

For me these PrimaFLEX long gloves have great flexibility and feel and all the right features. Leather palms, thumbs and fingers, exterior hand and finger padding, pre curved grip, long adjustable gauntlets, removable liners, 200 grams of insulation on the top and 100 grams on the bottom. They look tough and include a rigid knuckle armor material which would deflect a nasty impact or come in handy in a bar fight.

$119.95 online and you can save 10% if you write “Greg du Vermont” in the comment line. If you are looking for a great pair of gloves check these things out at votex-sport.com

Call me a happy believer.

If you've found a great glove, please add your comments.

Thanks for the heads up. My fingers have a little damage nerve from yrs of being to cold from riding,finger tips turn white. The gauntles save the day for me. Are these the warmest glove in the gear bag? Ive always had trouble with liners. When wet and they come out when you take off your gloves. It can be a battle to get them back in. Any issue with the liners pulling out. Im riding with down filled leather gloves. The warmest ones Ive ever owned. Bought the Klim gloves and they are well made but COLD.

I too am a cold fingers kinda guy. The PrimaFLEX gloves have been warm and comfy for me. The liners definetly stay inside without an issue (velcro near the outter cuff). When I take them out for night time drying they are resistant to goming out. Definetly would not come out by just removing your hand. The long gaintlet style has a second tensioner strap on the upper area of the gauntlet to make it nice and snug around the sleeve of you jacket, keeping it wind tight. I would really be surprised if anyone was disappointed with these. I don't mind paying good money for something as long as it works.

Hey Greg, the gloves look really good. The leather knuckles on top are raised up quite a bit, what is the purpose of that- besides the never gonna happen bar fight! Is it for wind deflection, impact protection? thanks, Dave

Hey Greg, the gloves look really good. The leather knuckles on top are raised up quite a bit, what is the purpose of that- besides the never gonna happen bar fight! Is it for wind deflection, impact protection? thanks, Dave

I think the bumps work well to rub your nose.