trip report abitibi and james bay

reraut

Wanted to share with you all a first hand ride report. left timiscaming thursday morn. 7.00am. Temperature 1 degree. Rode the rail line to (i believe it is the 63 trail) we ride abitibi so much we don,t use maps. Rode to Latulipe gas and to the 309(rapid sept)Got gas just outside of Valdor). First stop the heated relay just before louvercourt on the 83. trails so far 9out of ten wow flat perfect and no traffic and i mean zero. Through louvercort on the 93 through senneterre and on to Quevellion. Approx kms 550.Perfect day. Started to rain hard that night but was optimistic. Frid. morn.left 8.00 am towards chibougamou, 3 degrees poring rain. Gas in Miquelen 9.15 am still optimistic. Rail line to chib. through chapais and should have got gas in chapais.8 kms out of chib. ran out waited in the poring rain for my comrade (45min.) still optimistic. Nordic inn dried out and the trails and railines for the day 10 out of 10 zero traffic. Cold front moved in with wrath approx 7.00pm. kms for the day 300kms. Saturday left 6.30am. rode to miquelen trails rock hard with snow wow! Minus 23 before the wind and was it windy. Gas in miquelen not open on weekends so see claude boutin in mquelen he will gas you.Rode to quevellion gas and rode to Mattagami gas and off to dominique de rosarie via the trail 109. gas and off to amos for the evening. trails 10out of ten flat fast zero traffic. Sunday morn. minus 23 cold windy. Rode the 307 south to rapid sept junction and back down the same way as we came. Bottom line trails were outstanding untill we got half way down the rapid sept and the rain really destroyed the trails below that. We thought we were going to have to retrieve are trucks and bring them up to the Bearn area, it was pretty dicey. We toughed it out got on the railline around Favre and the rail line right to timiscaming was outstanding.Flat and some fast with ample granual.The trails 7 out of ten. At the truck at 3.00pm. Total distance approx 1840 kms 4 days and probably the best ride this year and most of last.Cheers!

Leaving next Sunday the 26th for similar ride with the exception of Chibougamau.

I have to tell you I'm very sceptical of the hard pack snow conditions as far as sliders and cooling?

Hopefully there is some traffic this week to chew things up a little, and some fresh snow would be more than welcome.

Where do you stay in Dominique de rosarie?

How was ValD'or on the way back to your trucks?

Thanks.

Nice trip, too bad about the rain. I was up there in 08 and we road up to Matagami from Quillevion a little twisty 'till you get to the warming hut,heading south from Matagami to St.Dominique through the power lines, funny thing my buddy ran out of gas too as but he did it in the perfect spot 20ft before the pump at St.Dominique. We had a giggle.