while waiting ...............

groomer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHja9Dw4l8k

....for winter !!

somewhere between ste anne des monts and marsoui !!

ps: watch yourself ,at 4m 49, volume is very loud !!

groomer !!!

Cooooooooool now i got the bug.........gotta go start my sled now.

Cooooooooool now i got the bug.........gotta go start my sled now.

ha!!ha!!

while climbing up mount richardson saturday ,we could see some big clearcuts between ste anne des monts and mont st pierre.

groomer !!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

a raid between lebel sur quevillon and chibougamau.

reminds me great souvenirs from challenge kanada.

guys did 460 km during the day and they had to stop at the most check point possible.

groomer !!!

a raid between lebel sur quevillon and chibougamau.

reminds me great souvenirs from challenge kanada.

guys did 460 km during the day and they had to stop at the most check point possible.

groomer !!!

Jean-Guy

Did you do trail-finding work for the Raid Harracanna years ago?? The raid that started from the riverfront in Quebec City and ended up in Radisson on the edge of the pack ice??

Somewhere I have a vhs tape of that race. Incredable!!!

timbo

timbo

Jean-Guy

Did you do trail-finding work for the Raid Harracanna years ago?? The raid that started from the riverfront in Quebec City and ended up in Radisson on the edge of the pack ice??

Somewhere I have a vhs tape of that race. Incredable!!!

timbo

timbo

hi timbo !!

i did trail-finding for challenge kanada back in 96 and 97 .first winter ,from st gabriel de brandon to latuque to roberval to mts valin to reserve des laurentides to tadoussac to trois rivieres to chicoutimi to dolbeau,across lsj from dolbeau to st prime,21 miles on the lake to zenon!!!etc.just can t remember all the places i've been.about 6600 km in 37 days...off the trail

then ,second year ,from rouyn noranda to val dor to senneterre to lebel sur quevillon to waswanippi to chibougamau down to lsj (st felicien)170 miles at night ,awesome !!!up to 55 miles north of dolbeau ,relais les loutres to latuque etc .close to 6000 km if i remember well in 35 days.

-50 c the morning we left from val dor to senneterre!!abitibi is very nice ,even awesome !!but waaaaaaayyy too flat for me !!specially when you live in the gaspesie !!awesome lakes tho compared to us here.the night we left chibougamau for lsj ,i was just glad to ride again in the mountains !!

can t remember the year,early 00 i think ,harricanna raid came 24 miles east from town on duniere reserve and park matane.

the guy who was with me finding trails-roads,lakes-rivers etc for challenge kanada,his brother did harricanna raid back in the 90's with his uncle and a french guy from france.they were slushed on manic 5 reservoir.they had yamaha vk back then.

so, he told his uncle ,to do a trace with his vk til the end of the reservoir (i guess for a few miles ,can t remember).when his uncle hit the land ,he never moved back on the reservoir .he just sh???? in his pants !!!they never talked again.

for challenge kanada ,one night we were at quooquoochee relais ,outside latuque(40 miles,maybe) ,at 11 pm,on the road for parent.we went on a lake ,about .5 miles out on the lake we knew we had to turn right.there was an island not too far.there was slush big time on the lake .wide open ,but when we hit the slush we started to make circles and began to be confused with all those tracks on the lake.we went back to our starting point on the lake ,and started all over again.we landed at motel des 9 in latuque at 4 30 am and back on the sled around 8 30 -9 00am.ha!!ha!!ha!!

crazy adventure ,but awesome experience !!!just wooooooooooooowww!!

on the video,the first lake you see,i ve been on that lake for a few miles ,up for waswanippi.

jean-guy

hi timbo !!

i did trail-finding for challenge kanada back in 96 and 97 .first winter ,from st gabriel de brandon to latuque to roberval to mts valin to reserve des laurentides to tadoussac to trois rivieres to chicoutimi to dolbeau,across lsj from dolbeau to st prime,21 miles on the lake to zenon!!!etc.just can t remember all the places i've been.about 6600 km in 37 days...off the trail

then ,second year ,from rouyn noranda to val dor to senneterre to lebel sur quevillon to waswanippi to chibougamau down to lsj (st felicien)170 miles at night ,awesome !!!up to 55 miles north of dolbeau ,relais les loutres to latuque etc .close to 6000 km if i remember well in 35 days.

-50 c the morning we left from val dor to senneterre!!abitibi is very nice ,even awesome !!but waaaaaaayyy too flat for me !!specially when you live in the gaspesie !!awesome lakes tho compared to us here.the night we left chibougamau for lsj ,i was just glad to ride again in the mountains !!

can t remember the year,early 00 i think ,harricanna raid came 24 miles east from town on duniere reserve and park matane.

the guy who was with me finding trails-roads,lakes-rivers etc for challenge kanada,his brother did harricanna raid back in the 90's with his uncle and a french guy from france.they were slushed on manic 5 reservoir.they had yamaha vk back then.

so, he told his uncle ,to do a trace with his vk til the end of the reservoir (i guess for a few miles ,can t remember).when his uncle hit the land ,he never moved back on the reservoir .he just sh???? in his pants !!!they never talked again.

for challenge kanada ,one night we were at quooquoochee relais ,outside latuque(40 miles,maybe) ,at 11 pm,on the road for parent.we went on a lake ,about .5 miles out on the lake we knew we had to turn right.there was an island not too far.there was slush big time on the lake .wide open ,but when we hit the slush we started to make circles and began to be confused with all those tracks on the lake.we went back to our starting point on the lake ,and started all over again.we landed at motel des 9 in latuque at 4 30 am and back on the sled around 8 30 -9 00am.ha!!ha!!ha!!

crazy adventure ,but awesome experience !!!just wooooooooooooowww!!

on the video,the first lake you see,i ve been on that lake for a few miles ,up for waswanippi.

jean-guy

That Harricanna race was outrageous. There were guys who won the Baja, Dakaar, etc., who ran in that first year. Were a lot of French guys and two or three Cree teams from Ouijibougammau, a couple of US oem factory teams, etc. I've got the VHS. If you can find a VHS player, either at your clubhouse in Albertville or in Causapscal at the motel, i'll bring it along to the gathering. What a hoot.

Three man teams. One guy had to pull a cutter. They camped each nite along the trail.

I'd like to talk to you about your experiences with challange kanada.

Looking forward to the Gathering. I'm working on my beard!! It almost touches my navel when I'm in the shower. At first I thought it would be a nuisance, but there are benefits. this winter I won't need a scarf, as it wraps almost around my neck now. :lol:

timbo

That Harricanna race was outrageous. There were guys who won the Baja, Dakaar, etc., who ran in that first year. Were a lot of French guys and two or three Cree teams from Ouijibougammau, a couple of US oem factory teams, etc. I've got the VHS. If you can find a VHS player, either at your clubhouse in Albertville or in Causapscal at the motel, i'll bring it along to the gathering. What a hoot.

Three man teams. One guy had to pull a cutter. They camped each nite along the trail.

I'd like to talk to you about your experiences with challange kanada.

Looking forward to the Gathering. I'm working on my beard!! It almost touches my navel when I'm in the shower. At first I thought it would be a nuisance, but there are benefits. this winter I won't need a scarf, as it wraps almost around my neck now. :lol:

timbo

ha!!ha!!ha!! i had to look for the translation of navel !!

i had a vhs cassette of challenge kanada,friend borrowed it from me years back and never saw that cassette since then.

still remember that cree team pulling a formula plus .can t remember the name of the team.

thats why i like open face helmet .don t need to wear a scarf !!haaaaaaaaa!!

i have a vhs player and i don t use it.almost brand new.only a few hrs on it .

jean-guy