FIRST TRIP TO RIDE QUEBEC-FROM ONTARIO

lindasledgirl

Hey Linda,

This is Gary Pruitt. I hope that we will meet up in Quebec this year. You are going to love riding Quebec.

Hi Gary!!

I am sure I will! And look forward to it! Have you got any snow yet? lol

Linda

No my 28 is a girl and she does not ride sleds. She and her husband ride Jet Ski's when we go boating in the summer. The 9 year old is afraid of the noise, I heve even tried to get her on my bike but she says no thanks.

I am sure your son will be fine but I do understand your concern.

My daughter is 20, she loves to ride but is still in school, so she doesn't get out too much. She is very 'snow worthy'.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No significant snow yet. If we can connect over the winter, I'd like to show you the region and maybe talk some R E shop.

I would love to connect and I will be working on a trip this weekend. I see my sledhead group for an atv trip this weekend...but they are dropping like flies! Babies, weddings...you know the drill. Anyhow...I will see what I can come up with with them and if not...well I will have to break loose! lol

Wow! Sarnia is quite the ways from Quebec, just Googled it. My best suggestion for you would be to drive to North Bay and drop the sleds there, less driving for you and more riding. You could ride into Quebec and explore the trails in Abitabi region, they have wide fast trails, woodsy ones, field crossings, forest roads and tour de ville trails when you come into the towns.

As well, from the Abitabi region you could make a loop up to Chibougamau, Lac St.Jean, Parent and back into Abitabi, makes for quite the variety of trails and stops. There are nice B&B's in Chibougamau, Hotel accomadations in Lac St.Jean, Indian reserves and Outfitters between Lac St.Jean and Abitabi. I have been through out the Abitabi region many times and have done the Chibougamau loop several times aswell and still keep dreaming of doing it over'n over.

By visiting the FCMQ website and looking in the Trail condition portion of it you will be shown a list of all the regions in Quebec, a quick email to any one of those tourist offices will give you a map of the region free of charge.

I have attached a couple pics from the Abitabi region to give you an idea of what you'll be in for.

Good luck and have fun

JG

who is the tall weird looking one... haha i know lol.