3 Lac St-Jean clubs merge

Greg du Vermont

The Union de Motoneigistes (UDM) Lac St-Jean Est Club that I have been a member/supporter of for many years has recently combined with 2 other neighboring clubs to create 1 regional club with the new name of Club Motoneigistes Lac-Saint-Jean.

The former UDM Lac St-Jean Est was the largest of the 3 clubs and maintained the important gateway to Lac St-Jean, Trans quebec trail 23 from L’Etape to Alma as well as many other regional and local trails in that area.

The former Club de Motoneige du Secteur Nord Lac St-Jean (MSN) maintained trails North of the Saguenay river including Saint Charles, Saint Nazaire and Lebrecque.

The former Club de Motoneigistes secteur “Les Amicaux” maintained the trail system in the areas from Alma (North of the Saguenay) to the Peribanka river which includes Saint Monique, Saint-Henri de-Taillon and L’Ascension.

The new Club Motoneigistes Lac-Saint-Jean will now consist of approximately 2,500 members and is responsible for over 320 miles of trails. Enjoy some of Quebec’s finest trails.

For Quebec riders in the Burlington Vermont area, I am currently selling a limited number of early bird discounted memberships for this fused club. You can call me at 802-893-4316 to make arrangements.

Thanks for your continued support guys. It is important clubs like these who make it possible for the innterconnected system to remain viable and functional. If it wasn't for clubs like this one, we won't be able to ride from Quebec to places like the Monts Valins. I think that these types of mergers will (hopefully) be good for the future of the sport. Purchasing power and administrative duties can be consolidated and resources more effectively allocated throughout a wider area. I hope that continuity and quality will benefit.

Exactly why I am joining Greg's club again this year. A lot of us support Les Caribous Conscrits, which is good because they start first and finish last, however I believe a lot of people would not find St Baby St Ray such a great place to start from without 23 North of L'Etape being flawless most of the time, under heavy wear and tear from the Honiaks. Those damn Honiaks, you gotta watch out for them all the time!!

Seeing as I am on the topic, I think perhaps the single most important safety tip many overlook worrying about whether or not to give hand signals, which if you can safely do the first guy in line should!!! IS TO RIDE RIGHT, THAT MEANS STAY ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THE TRAIL!!!! I see a lot of the "first trackers" in the middle on the twisties, one of these days you might just wish you were, when you meet your twin brother coming the other way, riding in the middle just like you.

post-385-0-27587900-1321062177_thumb.jpg

Anyone know where these two pups frolik during the short winter days?

Hint: It the other way up to see Bill out of Sweet Baby St Ray...

PS I Know it over kill mentioning SWSR the last three posts, however don't lie to yourself, you know you like the short truck ride up the 40, I see a lot of US plates from CT, NY, VT, NJ, NH & MA in the parking lot come January.

post-385-0-90626900-1321062311_thumb.jpg

Edited by Je me souviens

• 2 weeks later...

Je me souviens, stopped over for his passes. I really appreciate his yearly support of the important club Motoneigistes de Lac St-Jean. If you enjoy riding from the Quebec City area to the Lac St Jean area you have enjoyed this clubs efforts. 320 miles of trail, 4 groomers. If anyone one is in the Burlington Vermont area, shoot me a message and we can get you passes all set. I only do early bird passes.

Oh yeah, Ole' George may just have the best lookin riding buddy of anyone. The snow has begun. A great season to all.