Hotels in Beaucville/ St Georges??

gkw

I still miss the Benedict Arnold. Does anyone know if there is another hotel in the area that is safe and serves breakfast? I always sleep with my fingers crossed at the Comfort Inn...plus it is not really on the trail if you are headed north.

Thx.

GW

Mike,

Did you get the Turbo or non Turbo?

XF series with 144" track?

Schooter

The F non turbo short track (non SP). It drives very similar to an XP and feels like sitting on an XP. Burns sliders like crazy, rides rough on stutters. Tons of recalls. So far am not impressed. It is quiet, seems to get good mpg. Very, very heavy.

Mike

I have to agree with Dave. Stayed there this past weekend & was not impressed & very pricey for what you get.

I stayed there in years past and it is pretty deluxe for the average snowmobiler. Plus, Lac Etchimen is quite a ways further in the truck when you are headed north through Maine. That is why I am hoping to find something in St Georges. Sounds like it is back to Comfort Inn and truck up to 55 and 75 clubhouse in Beauceville...

Mike - great to hear you are out and about - but another Cat?????

Gary,

Yes, another Cat, each of the last four I said would be my last. This may be the very last one for sure. Not that it is really bad, I just could have gotten my favorite Doo for thousands less and been much happier.

I ended up heading north this morning right after my last post. No idea where I was heading. Jackman didn`t look great, (lots of icy driveways etc like they got a lot of rain, snow pack really went down since ten days ago)sounds like Jonquiere isn`t 100 percent (as much as I wanted to go up and ride with Bill and Dave), so I cut across to Riviere Du Loup. I just rolled in to the Universal Hotel at 8 PM. Was dusk as I entered Canada from Jackman, but looked very, very thin from the border to St. George.

I will be at the Universal until at least Saturday, then will decide whether to stay several days or head out on tour. Should know conditions by tomorrow afternoon and will post. Around the hotel looks very promising.

Mike

I stayed there in years past and it is pretty deluxe for the average snowmobiler. Plus, Lac Etchimen is quite a ways further in the truck when you are headed north through Maine. That is why I am hoping to find something in St Georges. Sounds like it is back to Comfort Inn and truck up to 55 and 75 clubhouse in Beauceville...

Mike - great to hear you are out and about - but another Cat?????

Not really any choices. I am in sort of the same quandry as you. Driving north from VT, we had found a small out-of-the-way Mom & Pop style motel where it was cheap, clean, safe and had a couple of good places to eat nearby. The place has changed hands and we don't feel as safe leaving our rig there - we usually leave from there and saddlebag. The best compromise we've found is to drive to the clubhouse in Beauceville, park there and ride out. Obviously, you have to time it so you get there at a time that works to make it to somewhere beyond to stay. St Jean-Port Joli, St Pamphile, Montmagny, or even RDL are possible overnights depending on your arrival.

We haven't gone to the Manor Lac Etchemin for about 5yrs. Too expensive and we thought they acted as if they don't really care about having snowmobilers stay there.

Not really any choices. I am in sort of the same quandry as you. Driving north from VT, we had found a small out-of-the-way Mom & Pop style motel where it was cheap, clean, safe and had a couple of good places to eat nearby. The place has changed hands and we don't feel as safe leaving our rig there - we usually leave from there and saddlebag. The best compromise we've found is to drive to the clubhouse in Beauceville, park there and ride out. Obviously, you have to time it so you get there at a time that works to make it to somewhere beyond to stay. St Jean-Port Joli, St Pamphile, Montmagny, or even RDL are possible overnights depending on your arrival.

We haven't gone to the Manor Lac Etchemin for about 5yrs. Too expensive and we thought they acted as if they don't really care about having snowmobilers stay there.

I can't wait not to go back there myself.

Just an FYI, RDL area is excellent once you get a few miles south of town. Seems anywhere close of the St Lawrence and the snow gets thin and may be icy. So if you are touring east west, you may want to choose trails a little away from the river, even by 20 miles.

Mike