May I humbly ask for your support?

Shane

Good morning! As some of you know, our son Blake was born with a life threatening allergy to several food items including but not limited to Peanuts and Tree Nuts. For some, they can outgrow this allergy, while others, like Blake, will live their lives with EpiPens and constant reading of food ingredients no matter where they go. It is even imperative he/we watch EVERYTHING he touches as someone prior may have touched the very same surface with one if these allergens on their hands, and if Blake ingests this it can potentially be fatal! We have had one instance already where had it not been for my wife's fast action and preparedness our son would no longer be with us. Scary stuff!

As such, we are participating in a walk to raise funds and awareness of this life threatening allergy. If you are able, and we certainly understand the gravity of the current economic environment, would you kindly support us? Even $5.00 will be a help! Thank you in advance for your generosity.

Shane, Kristen and Blake

Visit Blake's BOMBERS website:

http://www.foodallergywalk.org/site/...eam&fr_id=2175

http://www.foodallergywalk.org/site/TR/2012Walks/2012Walks?team_id=71812&pg=team&fr_id=2175

Should be working now. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your support!

I am not sure why Bill. I just clicked the link and it worked. I am sorry. I will write it out below.

http://www.foodallergywalk.org/site/TR/2012Walks/2012Walks?team_id=71812&pg=team&fr_id=2175

Thank you everyone! I cannot begin to tell you how much your support means to me, my family and other families facing this scary allergy. So MANY things we all take for granted (us included until we were aware of this problem via our son) can potentially KILL those with this allergy. It is way more than just a rash or sneezing and general feelings of nausea . Anaphalaxia happens INSTANTANEOUSLY and kills in minutes. Simply touching a surface containing oils or remnants oftenl these allergens (in my sons case peanuts and tree nuts) and then touching his mouth or eyes can trigger an anaphalactic reaction. Ultimately ones throat/airway constricts via swelling and the person can die of suffocation. I witnessed this first hand with my son ah other folks I have responded ro as a firefighter/first responder. Thanks to the remarkably quick actions of my wife administering epinephren and calling 911 my son is doing fine today and LOVES riding with his "old man" up "nord" in Quebec and cannot wait to ride "Jean-Guys" trails!

Thank you to everyone! We are almost at his goal! Your support is truly appreciated.

post-43-0-16715200-1345749747_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

We have EXCEEDED our goal! Thank you so very much to each and every one of you who helped support us! We truly appreciate it. Saturday morning we WALK! 8)