Legal riding age?

wulsock1

in Ontario you have to be 12 and have the snowmobile training course witch is a 8 hour class.....in Quebec I believe you have to be 14 or 15 with the training course....after the course they give him or her a licence and is good till they are of age to get their drivers licence..

Minimum age required to drive a snowmobile: 16 years

(Act respecting off-highway vehicles – June 13, 2006)

Required for drivers under 18 years: a certificate attesting that he or she has the knowledge required to operate a snowmobile.

Snowmobilers under 18 years residing outside of Québec: Such operators are not required to hold the aforementioned certificate, if they are allowed to operate an off-highway vehicle under legislation in force in their home jurisdiction.

jean-guy

Minimum age required to drive a snowmobile: 16 years

(Act respecting off-highway vehicles – June 13, 2006)

Required for drivers under 18 years: a certificate attesting that he or she has the knowledge required to operate a snowmobile.

Snowmobilers under 18 years residing outside of Québec: Such operators are not required to hold the aforementioned certificate, if they are allowed to operate an off-highway vehicle under legislation in force in their home jurisdiction.

That's what i thought...minimum 16 yrs old and must hold training certificate of some type from home state. I'm in that boat with my son who is 15 now and bugs me every day about going to Quebec. Looking forward to next year when he's legal and can dig me out!!

jean-guy