West is Best!!

Florida Snowman

Day 7: Bringing it home.

Left Kanawata at 8:00am. Took the 345 all the way south to the 23 east. Gas stops at Repos & Sacacomie. 345 good 90% of the way. 23 sucked from the M11 local trail for Sacacomie all the way to the M4 cut-off for The Escapade in Shawinigan. We had lunch at Relais Pins just outside of the park. We went down to the river and messed around for a while then brought it home. Had a great meal at Pub57 in Shawini. Great to see Sylvie again. It's been a few years. 266 miles for the day.

Overall a fantastic week of great temps, abundant snowfall & fantastic trails. One for the top ten list of trips.

2050 total miles for the week.

Driving home early in the am.

Get up here guys & gals. Conditions are great.

Over and out.

Tom

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got back from our run from shawinigan to barrage gouin, 550 mi round trip. lots of great snow and only busy and bumpy on the 360 by Mattawin yesterday. cool place up there, very nice ride.

Thanks for the report and pics Tom. You guys had a great trip. It was nice to see 83 finally got groomed.

Hi Jim,

It was a fantastic trip. Glad everything worked out well. Do you only do one long trip per year? Gemma is quite the trooper eh?

I'm heading back up Saturday for my season ender. Conditions are peaking right now!

Best,

Tom

got back from our run from shawinigan to barrage gouin, 550 mi round trip. lots of great snow and only busy and bumpy on the 360 by Mattawin yesterday. cool place up there, very nice ride.

Hi Dave,

Yes that run to Barrage Gouin is sweet. So are all the people that work there. It's a great 1st day on a saddlebag trip out of Shawinigan.

You getting back up this year?

Tom

Hi Jim,

It was a fantastic trip. Glad everything worked out well. Do you only do one long trip per year? Gemma is quite the trooper eh?

I'm heading back up Saturday for my season ender. Conditions are peaking right now!

Best,

Tom

Tom, I get 3 weeks vacation. 2 in Quebec snowmobiling 1 in the summer. I wish it was more but that is the way it is for now.

Lucky for me Gemma is up for the adventure. We enjoy our time on the trail.

Enjoy your ender. We will be watching.

Jim and Gemma

thank you Tom for your daily trip report and pics. I really enjoyed following your trip in real time, you and TrailBlazer made a great reporters team :good:

seems you had a real great beautiful trouble free trip , just fun!!!

:drinks:

Alain

Thanks Alain! Nothing compared to your reports. It's nice for the people at home to feel like they are experiencing the thrill of snowmobiling Quebec.

Tom