New Years at Le Cabanon

Snowbunny

We're heading up on Sunday, December 29th to Le Cabanon until New Years day! First real trip of the season. I took my sled out last night around home. We live West of Ottawa and I almost burried my sled in the yard- yes we have that much snow around our area!

We are heading up in the morning for a week. See you there!!!!

I won't be in the sector in the next days to enjoy by myself but i'm sure you will get outstanding holidays there. It snowed a bit each day in the last week adding some cream over the cake and, even it have been mild temps in the 2 last days, forecast call for cold temps around -15C steady for the next week, just perfect to get the best of the conditions without getting freeze...

If you can post some pics, I will appreciate too!!

Enjoy and ride safely !!!

Alain

We had an awesome trip! Unbelievable amounts of snow! Trails could not be in better condition, freshly groomed and made for an excellent ride. We were happy to see our friends Frank and Lynne at Le Cabanon who make us feel like we're at home. The weather was quite cold but we managed to get a good days drive to Shawinigan- taking the trail on the river (which is awesome). I ended up getting a form of stomach flu that day which proceeded into the next day as well. So not as much snowmobiling as I would have liked but managed to get about 600km in over the 3 days.

If you haven't gone to this area before or haven't visited lately, I highly recommend it! With the cold weather there is no better way to warm up than in the hot tub at Cabanon. But stay on the trail...if you don't you'll be spending the day digging your sled out!

Sounds great Snowbunny, I like when Frank is working the breakfast he gets you in and out and on the trails. Such a great staff there and sounds like some excellent early conditions