Trail Report Jan 18-23, Saguenay Region

Flyin Brian

Jan 18th--Left Quebec City with my buddy around 12:45 after picking up our rental sleds at SM Sport. Went up trail 3 toward Cleremont. Couldn't see any change to the trail even though there were talks about the trail being rerouted somewhat. Went up 83, Clermont Express, and pulled into the Delta at 6:00. 235 miles

Jan 19th--headed out over the dams up 367 toward Scooby Raid. Across the lake we hit the local Orange Trail toward St. Ludger de Milot. Got on 93 to 367 to 328 and ate lunch at Relais des Lacs. Turned back on 328 west down the orange trail to 93. Went over the river in St Charles and back to the Delta on 83. 220 miles.

Jan 20th--Headed to Mont Valins over the dams and took the orange trail (Saguenay Bill calls it pickle park). Headed north on the 93 detour to 328 east. Got on 93 East toward the ski area. Plenty of snow up in the mountains. In fact about 5 miles up from the ski area there was at least 6 inches of new snow and in some cases up to a foot. Went down to Relais Chappel and cruised back on the lake to Auberge 31 to eat lunch. After leaving lunch we headed back toward the ski area and turned up the 267 orange trail. I was pretty much breaking most of the trail when about 10 miles in we hit the groomer. Smooth sailing from there down Bras Louis. Gased up in St. Ambroise. Kept going 93 east and came over the river again in St. Charles to add a few extra miles before heading back to the Delta. 221 miles.

Jan 21st--Headed out of the Delta out 83 and over the St Charles River. Headed 93 west, cut up the orange trail to 328 west and then 367 west. Gased up in St Monique (the power line) on our way to Relais Vauvert. Got to Vauvert around 11:30 and we were the only two people in there the whole hour we were there. Headed out of Vauvert to the orange trail that goes to 93. Hit 93 and went east back to the power line. Stayed on 328 and hit a couple of the orange trails around Labreque and Begin. The gas station in Begin is closed. Kept heading 328 east to 367 south to 93 and gased up again in St. Ambroise. Went back over the dams to the Delta. 229 miles.

Jan 22nd--headed up to Relais Onachiway before heading back over to Auberge 31. Over the dams, pickle park, orange trail off of 328 to Onachiway. Got some coffee before heading out of Onachiway to La Cache to 267 where we met the groomer a couple of days ago. From Auberge 31 we headed down Bras de l'enfer to 328 west. Miscalculated our gas since we were playing around in the powder up in the mountains. My gas light on my Apex was on for about 35 kilometers. Made it to St. Honore and then back to the Delta. 213 miles.

Jan 23rd--had to return our sleds in Quebec City and get to the airport so I could fly back home to Georgia. From the Delta we went 383 over La Barrage to 368 west. Got on 23 south toward L'Tape and gased up there. From L'Tape we hit the 304 south. We did the orange cut through trail that brings you back to 3. Headed 3 south all the way back. Around Lac Beauport the trails could use more snow but still very passable. Left the Delta at 7:30 and pulled into the rental spot at 12:45 with a stop for lunch at the relais on the powerline. 190 miles.

All in all we did about 1300 miles over 6 days. Left the hotel no later that 9 every day and were in by 4:30.

There is plenty of snow whereever you ride. This is my one trip for the year and hope to make it back next year.

Flyin Brian

Jan 18th--Left Quebec City with my buddy around 12:45 after picking up our rental sleds at SM Sport. Went up trail 3 toward Cleremont. Couldn't see any change to the trail even though there were talks about the trail being rerouted somewhat. Went up 83, Clermont Express, and pulled into the Delta at 6:00. 235 miles

Jan 19th--headed out over the dams up 367 toward Scooby Raid. Across the lake we hit the local Orange Trail toward St. Ludger de Milot. Got on 93 to 367 to 328 and ate lunch at Relais des Lacs. Turned back on 328 west down the orange trail to 93. Went over the river in St Charles and back to the Delta on 83. 220 miles.

Jan 20th--Headed to Mont Valins over the dams and took the orange trail (Saguenay Bill calls it pickle park). Headed north on the 93 detour to 328 east. Got on 93 East toward the ski area. Plenty of snow up in the mountains. In fact about 5 miles up from the ski area there was at least 6 inches of new snow and in some cases up to a foot. Went down to Relais Chappel and cruised back on the lake to Auberge 31 to eat lunch. After leaving lunch we headed back toward the ski area and turned up the 267 orange trail. I was pretty much breaking most of the trail when about 10 miles in we hit the groomer. Smooth sailing from there down Bras Louis. Gased up in St. Ambroise. Kept going 93 east and came over the river again in St. Charles to add a few extra miles before heading back to the Delta. 221 miles.

Jan 21st--Headed out of the Delta out 83 and over the St Charles River. Headed 93 west, cut up the orange trail to 328 west and then 367 west. Gased up in St Monique (the power line) on our way to Relais Vauvert. Got to Vauvert around 11:30 and we were the only two people in there the whole hour we were there. Headed out of Vauvert to the orange trail that goes to 93. Hit 93 and went east back to the power line. Stayed on 328 and hit a couple of the orange trails around Labreque and Begin. The gas station in Begin is closed. Kept heading 328 east to 367 south to 93 and gased up again in St. Ambroise. Went back over the dams to the Delta. 229 miles.

Jan 22nd--headed up to Relais Onachiway before heading back over to Auberge 31. Over the dams, pickle park, orange trail off of 328 to Onachiway. Got some coffee before heading out of Onachiway to La Cache to 267 where we met the groomer a couple of days ago. From Auberge 31 we headed down Bras de l'enfer to 328 west. Miscalculated our gas since we were playing around in the powder up in the mountains. My gas light on my Apex was on for about 35 kilometers. Made it to St. Honore and then back to the Delta. 213 miles.

Jan 23rd--had to return our sleds in Quebec City and get to the airport so I could fly back home to Georgia. From the Delta we went 383 over La Barrage to 368 west. Got on 23 south toward L'Tape and gased up there. From L'Tape we hit the 304 south. We did the orange cut through trail that brings you back to 3. Headed 3 south all the way back. Around Lac Beauport the trails could use more snow but still very passable. Left the Delta at 7:30 and pulled into the rental spot at 12:45 with a stop for lunch at the relais on the powerline. 190 miles.

All in all we did about 1300 miles over 6 days. Left the hotel no later that 9 every day and were in by 4:30.

There is plenty of snow whereever you ride. This is my one trip for the year and hope to make it back next year.

Flyin Brian

Nice loop! Now you have snow in GA!