ACE 1330?

lindasledgirl

Well, not sure I am ready for a 4 stroke quite yet...but maybe soon!

Eddie Skidoo rode my 800 and said 'the vibration!' ...I hadn't noticed till after he said it and I rode his 1200.

Then recently...I watched Snowtraks and they talked about track noise?!! What noise? Well now I hear the track noise! lol Oh the power of suggestion!

The dealer in LAKE OGIBIC on our trip the UP worked on one of my friends sleds while we were on our latest ride, he told Rich to take the brand new ACE 900 out so we could ride out to the Hoop for a drink (coffee!) and Rich loved it!

Hmmmm so is the future?

There is now reports that you'll need these quiet rides to go to places like Yellowstone and that you may just have to have a 'silent drive'.

On another note, riding recently I don't think we can go wrong with more colour in our sleds and gear...black looks cool, but can't see you on the trail!

Have a snowy day!

Lindasledgirl

Linda, everyone is anxious to see what new sleds are coming our way for 2015. A 1330 4-stroke from rotax??, a totally new Yamaha, an arctic cat with a yamaha turbo?? Who knows but one thing is for sure, everyone is looking for long term reliability. There are all the clutch/ belt troubles at cat, rear idler wheeel falling apart when you only have 2 rather than 3 or 4, skidoo had all the bad clutches in their 4-strokes and the sdi 1000 blowing up all over the place, and even though sdi and etech are pretty darn good, they do vibrate and it is not uncommon for them to blow up either. I hate to bash any sled but the truth is the Yamaha 4 stroke have been near bullet proof all the while being a little too heavy with terrible skis. I started riding in 1966 so I have been on a lot of 2strokes, and still own 3 of them, but my go to traveling sleds are a supercharged 2005 vector with simmons skis and a 2005 yamaha warrior with the same. Big piece of mind when you are on a 1500 mile ride. They still need to be looked after but not anything major. I think the future will bring us even better 4 strokes and hopefully more reliability. I would love to see a 1200 skidoo gtx with a turbo now that the clutching issue is solved.

Linda, everyone is anxious to see what new sleds are coming our way for 2015. A 1330 4-stroke from rotax??, a totally new Yamaha, an arctic cat with a yamaha turbo?? Who knows but one thing is for sure, everyone is looking for long term reliability. There are all the clutch/ belt troubles at cat, rear idler wheeel falling apart when you only have 2 rather than 3 or 4, skidoo had all the bad clutches in their 4-strokes and the sdi 1000 blowing up all over the place, and even though sdi and etech are pretty darn good, they do vibrate and it is not uncommon for them to blow up either. I hate to bash any sled but the truth is the Yamaha 4 stroke have been near bullet proof all the while being a little too heavy with terrible skis. I started riding in 1966 so I have been on a lot of 2strokes, and still own 3 of them, but my go to traveling sleds are a supercharged 2005 vector with simmons skis and a 2005 yamaha warrior with the same. Big piece of mind when you are on a 1500 mile ride. They still need to be looked after but not anything major. I think the future will bring us even better 4 strokes and hopefully more reliability. I would love to see a 1200 skidoo gtx with a turbo now that the clutching issue is solved.

Can't agree more. I have owned them all, 3 Cats, 6 Doos, 2 Poos and 3 Yammis, the last 2 4 strokers. I can honestly say that I have my Apex GT set up so you can't even tell how heavy it is. And, it handles like a dream. I find it very hard to ever see me on a 2 smoke again. The Yamaha motor is so smooth and the power just keeps on coming. And bullet proof is an understatement. They are set up right.