Need Hotel Recommendation

snowmaster2112

Was thinking of using the above mentioned area for a "starting point" this saturday.

I havnt been there by vehicle before and was wondering if anyone has a good recommendation on where to stay and leave the truck/trailer for a week.

Any trail reports from this area would be great as well.

THINK SNOW EVERYBODY!!!!!

Was thinking of using the above mentioned area for a "starting point" this saturday.

I havnt been there by vehicle before and was wondering if anyone has a good recommendation on where to stay and leave the truck/trailer for a week.

Any trail reports from this area would be great as well.

THINK SNOW EVERYBODY!!!!!

coming from NY down autoroute 20 I'd just go to RDL, Universal or hotel levesque in RDL are places friends have parked at.

coming from NY down autoroute 20 I'd just go to RDL, Universal or hotel levesque in RDL are places friends have parked at.

I spoke to "Andyman" today and he drove through Riviere du Loup on his way to Point a-la-croix and he said there wasnt S%#t for snow there. I called the Universal and they told me they have a foot. Who would you believe?

I'm trying to stay around the Cabano/Degelis area but a FU%@ING hockey tournament has every room within 50 miles of there.

Try fort kent me. can not be more than 30 or 40 miles to Cabano. or stay on the maine system and cross at estcourt station (pohenagamook on ca. side). Nice thing is you can leave the keys on the floor of the truck and have it there when you return.

• 2 weeks later...

Wound up leaving from a friends house north of Sherbrooke (Weedon) and stayed at the following towns.

Thetford Mines

St Pamphile

Squatec (near Cabano)

St Anne des Monts

Matane

St Pamhile (again)

Trails were OUTSTANDING all week and we saw more groomers than sledders on the Gaspesie.

Probably rode 700-800 miles of fresh groomed (no other tracks) out of the 1300+ mile trip!!!

Here is a pic of what it looked like most of the time.

Chris

Wound up leaving from a friends house north of Sherbrooke (Weedon) and stayed at the following towns.

Thetford Mines

St Pamphile

Squatec (near Cabano)

St Anne des Monts

Matane

St Pamhile (again)

Trails were OUTSTANDING all week and we saw more groomers than sledders on the Gaspesie.

Probably rode 700-800 miles of fresh groomed (no other tracks) out of the 1300+ mile trip!!!

Chris

Looks real sweet Chris!!!

Andy

• 1 year later...

Thetford Mines

St Pamphile

Squatec (near Cabano)

St Anne des Monts

Matane

St Pamhile (again)

Chris

where did you stay in saint pamphile? might be heading up that way this year.

There's a real nice B&B about 30 - 40 miles east beyond St. Pamphile off the the TQ35, across from the Relais 540. It's a real quick ride from St. Pamphile as about 25 of those miles is railbed. We make it a point to get there at least once a season, sometimes a couple times in a season. Real nice folks and fabulous meals. Here's a link.

http://www.giteoasisdela.bretagne.ca/index.htm