First time gaspe loop suggestions

Ontariokid95

Hi everybody, for years I've always wanted to do the gaspe loop, and this year me and my group of sledders have march 8-14th booked for a trip. We are hoping to be able to do the gaspe loop, what are the trail conditions there and will we be able to do it? I've heard that there isn't any snow in the gaspe. Thanks

My son and I left from Mt. Laurie first week in Feb. and went east to the Lac St Jean area. The ride over was good and bad but when we got there oh my goodness. East and north we road for a day and half and it was great. We had friends who rode a couple days east toward Valin area and they said it was perfect. What amazed me was the local and green trails. Drive wise it is the same there as to RDL and there is just more snow than Gaspe. Don't get me wrong Gaspe is something special and we were planning on going there but the conditions we were told are not up to par compared to other years. We have been to Gaspe for the last two years and still plan on going back next year just because we have not seen it all yet. Our trip we followed 93 to Val- Dor back to on 83 to Clova and a local trail south to Mt. Laurie. 1500 miles and they were wonderful. Plan is back to Gaspe next year and the Valin area the following, God willing. This is my opinion and only mine. Have a good time.

Welcome to QuebecRider OntarioKid. Unless Gaspe changes, I would go to Lac St Jean. This year the snow gods have been gracing the LSJ area. Gaspe's north shore is thin. I've read reports here that sledders have had issues on Gaspe with low snow conditions. Gaspe is great but make sure the snow is waiting for you.

Jack & Sandi