1200 coil wire.

doonali

I've heard of several 1200's both XR and XS haven broken coil wires mainly on the center coil. Upon inspection of my XS I noticed the only difference between the three is that the center coil doesn't have the wires zip tied to the plug. I reorganized the wires giving a little extra slack and zip tied all three with heavier zip ties. The plugs have a lip on the bottom so the zip ties cannot work off of the plug. Maybe this will help or cure the issue IDK . Possibly without the zip tie the center was seeing more vibration causing the issue.

image.jpg

I had a coil go on the last day of a Quebec trip.  About 60 miles from truck.  I now carry a spare coil and a spare connector so that if I have to I can trailside repair.

My 2012 1200 also has 16,000 miles on it so I find myself carrying more spare parts!

Yes but I have a 1200 mile trip planned in  a couple weeks.  I'm a little nervous!  I have no problem riding a high mileage sled at home, (upstate NY) but its a different ball game in Quebec!

And they are so frickin expensive!