ICEMAN and TOWING

Snappy Hank

I'm wondering if you might know status of CHEZ GERE near St Paulin. I think it was formerly called THE RED DEER before it burned down maybe 6 or seven years ago. The new building is gorgeous inside and the food was excellent. I stay at Lecabanon every other week, and will be going back Monday Feb 20. Came home today from another week of great trails.

Snappy Hank

10 minutes ago, Snappy Hank said:

I'm wondering if you might know status of CHEZ GERE near St Paulin. I think it was formerly called THE RED DEER before it burned down maybe 6 or seven years ago. The new building is gorgeous inside and the food was excellent. I stay at Lecabanon every other week, and will be going back Monday Feb 20. Came home today from another week of great trails.

Snappy Hank

Snappy, 

i believe they are shut down. Sorry to say. Maybe Alain can confirm, but I have tried calling and the number is not in service. Pretty certain it's closed and for sale. 

Hi Snappy Hank

Again Iceman is right, it's all shut down. They had burn down in 2010 and reopen all new in 2011, maybe too big for such small place... it had been sold a couple years later and reopened by the new owner in 2014 but just for few months before closing again (losing money)and it had not reopened since. A group of business men had tried again this fall to restart the project and make a big snowmobile/atv relay but failed to raise up, seems that is the insurance cost that killed the project. They talk about it in the following link (in french, you can google translate it)   http://www.lechodemaskinonge.com/actualites/economie/2016/11/23/relance-de-chez-gerry--le-projet-avorte.html

It's for sale for $1 000 000 if someone interested!

Alain

Edited by towing

Hi Alain

I kind of thought that's what happened. The new building is absolutely amazing. But as you say it was a bit much to support for such a small area. Hopefully the right investors will step up and make it successful in the near future. Thank you so much for the info !

Snappy Hank