7 day trip recommendations

Polaris1?

Already planning for next year,giving myself time to do research.We would probably launch out of the Mont Laurier area.Would prefer to head east,have ridden west of there to Ontario.Don't mind 250 mile days but prefer to stay under 325-350.Just some ideas and lodging recommendations would be great so I can take a look on the map.Thanks guys.

Hi Polaris.  You're not giving us a lot of info only that you would like to ride east from Mont Laurier.  Averaging 250 miles a day is doable providing the stars align and no big storms or break downs or sickness, etc.

Seven days at 250 miles a day is 1,750 miles or 2,800 km.  

If you stay on the north shore, you could go out trail 3 to Baie Comeau and work your way back 93 to Lac St Jean and then 83 to 13 to Mont Laurier, about 2,500 km.

If you want a little south side exposure, transport across the St Laurent at Quebec City, ride the south shore to Matane (many options here) ferry back to Baie Comeau and then return either on trail 3 or around Lac St Jean as previously noted, about the same 2,500 km but you have to allocate 1 hour at Quebec City to transport and half a day at Matane for the ferry by the time of your early arrival and depart and unload on the north shore.

If you like roller coaster rides, you could extend either one of these to Godbout a couple of hours east of Baie Comeau..

I would also be very conscious of how far away from the truck am I in case of a major break down or some other emergency but that is another topic in itself.

Jack & Sandi

If you want to launch from Mont Laurier, google "the wood runner trail". I believe you will find a fair bit of info.

• 2 weeks later...