Temiscaming to mount laurier

zrtkat

Hello we are in planning stages for our saddlebag trip mid february and we are staging from Temiscaming heading to Mount laurier I see that would be a long first day 350 miles ??? so was wondering if anybody has any Ideas where would be a good halfway point to spend the night ?????

Or do you think we could make Mount Laurier in one day.

Zrtkat&Crew

Greg

7 hours ago, zrtkat said:

so was wondering if anybody has any Ideas where would be a good halfway point to spend the night ?????

Zrtkat&Crew

Greg

https://www.pourvoirielaverendrye.com/packages

They are located near TQ 63 R386 junction.

Edited by Mid Range

6 hours ago, Mid Range said:

https://www.pourvoirielaverendrye.com/packages

They are located near TQ 63 R386 junction.

Mid Range thank-you for the information will check it out ,I am thinking that would be about halfway point to mount Laurier, plus we do not want our first day to be so many miles.

Greg

3 hours ago, doo4adoo said:

I think with the newer owners you can use credit but when I was there last it was cash only. Maybe some one can chime in and confirm. I tried calling this week for conditions but they didn't answer and I didn't leave a message.

doo4adoo thank you for the information also if you find out trail conditions in that area could you post it here

thanks

Greg

17 hours ago, zrtkat said:

Mid Range thank-you for the information will check it out ,I am thinking that would be about halfway point to mount Laurier, plus we do not want our first day to be so many miles.

Greg

http://www.viaexplora.com/   says +- 210 miles. We are booked there mid February.

distance.JPG

I seen on FMCQ trail conditions that the 63 trail east of Belleterre is closed.  Something to check on . 

ya but I think the groomers are out, looking green in some of that section earlier today. Also some of this area will get snow beginning of the week and then next weekend. Unless of course the weather person is wrong but really how often does that happen

23 minutes ago, Shore1066 said:

I seen on FMCQ trail conditions that the 63 trail east of Belleterre is closed.  Something to check on . 

correct.........here too  http://www.abitibi-temiscamingue-tourism.org/snowmobile/trail-conditions/

looks to be under Val d'Or territory. I sent them a PM. Will see what they say.

2 hours ago, Mid Range said:

Val d'Or SC replied back to me........ TQ 63 in business since january 19 th.

http://www.abitibi-temiscamingue-tourism.org/snowmobile/trail-conditions/

Mid Range

Thanks for all the up-dates hopefully by mid February we can make it From Temiscaming to Mount Laurier to St Raymond then we are heading north from there

Really appreciate all your Help we are new to snowmobiling in Quebec we have to learn all the regions to get trail information.

Greg

14 minutes ago, zrtkat said:

Mid Range

Thanks for all the up-dates hopefully by mid February we can make it From Temiscaming to Mount Laurier to St Raymond then we are heading north from there

Really appreciate all your Help we are new to snowmobiling in Quebec we have to learn all the regions to get trail information.

Greg

Welcome Greg you have come to the right place. QR members are the best.

4 hours ago, Phil 1 said:

Welcome Greg you have come to the right place. QR members are the best.

Phil 1

We are getting lots of helpful information from this site to make our first saddlebag trip in Quebec a good one

Greg

1 hour ago, zrtkat said:

Phil 1

We are getting lots of helpful information from this site to make our first saddlebag trip in Quebec a good one

Greg

You will become addicted to Quebec it's a disease, but a good one. Enjoy.

Dick and Sam stayed at Pourvoirie La Verendre last year.  Was the 2nd year with new management and owners.  Accept credit and debit cards.  Hydro and wireless now on all night (battery and inverter system).  New addition containing dining room and bar.  Nice 2nd floor common room with couches,recliners, TV.  Great for falling asleep watching hockey after supper.  Témiscaming to Pourvoirie is a good day - lunch in Belleterre but don’t linger over lunch - you have a long afternoon haul from Belleterre to the Pouvoirie.  Some twisty trails between Belleterre and Trout Lake, then high speed to within about 20km of Pourvoirie, then twisty again.  

Next day you will be into Mont Laurier by 1:00 pm.  

Timberland

Thanks for all the information it is very helpful good to know what the trail is like twisty,straight,etc. It is going to be challenging not ever riding this trail system ,where gas is etc. We carry 8 gallons of gas with us just in case. We are excited and  a little nervous but I am sure we will have a great trip.