One more short trip?

gizz

Looking to get one more long weekend in this coming weekend (March 28-31). Coming from PA and want to ride from nearest place to PA we can get good riding from. Thinking Bernards in Shawinigan and i have an email out to him but if that is no good we are thinking the HI in St Jean. Would rather not drive the extra 4 or 5 hours if we don't have to. We want to bomb around for 200 miles or so each day and hope we can find some smooth riding. Are they still grooming around the lake? Can we still ride from the HI?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Looking to get one more long weekend in this coming weekend (March 28-31). Coming from PA and want to ride from nearest place to PA we can get good riding from. Thinking Bernards in Shawinigan and i have an email out to him but if that is no good we are thinking the HI in St Jean. Would rather not drive the extra 4 or 5 hours if we don't have to. We want to bomb around for 200 miles or so each day and hope we can find some smooth riding. Are they still grooming around the lake? Can we still ride from the HI?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Call Bernard, 819-536-2664, Club Maurice is grooming thru end of this month. They had over 5 feet of snow when I was there on March 8. Temps were still in the 20s and mid 30s F. Check conditions around Lac Jeanand and from the HI, if you go there and if they are still grooming. I would go to Shawinigan as long as all creek areas are still frozen and save the drive north unless conditions warrant to go up. Ride safe and have Fun!!!

Call Bernard, 819-536-2664, Club Maurice is grooming thru end of this month. They had over 5 feet of snow when I was there on March 8. Temps were still in the 20s and mid 30s F. Check conditions around Lac Jeanand and from the HI, if you go there and if they are still grooming. I would go to Shawinigan as long as all creek areas are still frozen and save the drive north unless conditions warrant to go up. Ride safe and have Fun!!!

Gizz, I agree, your best bet would be Bernards. Snow is not a problem.

Thanks for the replies. I don't believe they've had much warm weather so i'm thinking the ice bridges oughta be good. We going to head up on Wednesday and ride Thu, Fri, Sat now. Would love to ride to the HI from Bernards but not sure that is a good bet this time of year. I guess he'll let us know when we get up there.

Thanks for the replies. I don't believe they've had much warm weather so i'm thinking the ice bridges oughta be good. We going to head up on Wednesday and ride Thu, Fri, Sat now. Would love to ride to the HI from Bernards but not sure that is a good bet this time of year. I guess he'll let us know when we get up there.

I would suggest you ride from Quebec City to the HI. I just returned today from there and there is tons of snow all the way, and the trail up through the Park (and LeTape) is fantastic. Here are a couple shots taken yesterday. It is about 240 miles from the Quebec Inn to the HI. I was there in time to check in and make my 3PM massage on Tuesday! Good, safe parking at the Quebec Inn as well.

GW

Rode up to the HI from Motel Safari via 355. Trails in my book were 10 / 10. All groomed from Safari's front door to the HI all but about 10 miles total. About 280 miles up. Came back to the Safari via 355 the next day and then 73. Again trails were very very flat and fast. Awesome riding. Started to get a little soft towards Shawinigan from the Sun.

800 miles in 2.5 days......the last weekend in March.