Week end with Lindasledgirl

Trailblazer

Free week end in Quebec so I get the news on the interweb Linda and company are coming to town, bring your bathing she says. Tell me more, Auberge le Vieux Moulin in St. Emelie de Energie.  I’m in! Saturday morning early rise, 2 hr drive and I’m there for breakfast at 8:15 to meet the crew. 

After a delicious omelette and some planning we’re off for a 200+ klm loop I whipped up quickly for them. Pourvoire Lac Blanc is the lunch stop, trails are flat and hard, very cold -25°C and blue sky day.

Sunday same deal 200+ klms only were looping Lac Taureau, took some convincing the crew though given it was -32°c and snowing. Bottom line....you drive 10 hrs to do what??? 50 klms later we lose 2, too cold. now we’re 5. Lunch break at Auberge Lac Taureau -39°C now but heh we’re snowmobilers right! Trails are still flat and hard but further north we get they are filling up with snow.

Le Vieux Moulin has what you need after a long cold day of riding, hot tub, pool, sauna what ever fancies you.

It was a challenging week end to say the least battling the cold was just that a battle but I do have to say Linda’s a real trooper, never seen anyone like her, not a peep out of her the whole time, lead on she says we’re here to ride let’s go! Tough as nails.