Lac Edouard Lodging

Just wanted to put in a great word for Dumaine du Lac Edouard. We stopped in there last Thursday night and have nothing but good to say about the accommodations but the owner really went above and beyond. He gave us great food, cold drinks, good rooms, but spent over 45 minutes on the phone trying to help us find lodging on the busy Friday night ahead. If your ever in the area highly recommended! Also helped us out with a dead sled in the morning due to freezing cold temperatures. 

Our group stayed there back in 2010.  It was not in the plan as we were headed back to the Saint Zenon area.  A bent carbide and some bad heated visors caused delays and backed us up several hours.  We stopped, gassed up and had a quick bite.  We hit the lake and by time we got to the end of the lake, the two guys having shield problems were completely frosted over.  Decision made,  we can not ride that far, this late in the day (about an hour from dark at this point) with those shields like that.  Back we went to the Domaine du Lac Edouard.  We got three rooms, unpacked, had a great meal, and had a great time that night.  Towards the end of the evening, a guy came in that was way out in front of his buddies.  He said, I might as well have a beer while I wait.  He ordered a beer and one of our guys said, “they’re all out of that, we drank them all”!  The guy went through a few more, with our guy saying, we drank all of those too before he finally found a brand we had not cleaned them out of.  Great fun that night, great memories that we still laugh about.

• 4 weeks later...

I can’t attest to whether or not the Domaine is open this year, but I would imagine so.  If you continue on beyond the Domaine on the ice, you come to the end of the lake.  Off the ice, across the tracks, there is a store/gas station.  I would say 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile from the Domaine.

3 hours ago, GSX800 said:

If you continue on beyond the Domaine on the ice, you come to the end of the lake.  Off the ice, across the tracks, there is a store/gas station.  I would say 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile from the Domaine.

Yep, it's a Petro-T with a fine deppeneur & general store, across the street from this cozy little B&B run by a tres hospitable English speaking couple:  https://gitepresbyterelacedouard.com/

Then continue north on the local road to shortcut/reconnect to 355.