computer guru!!!! help !!!

groomer

last week i bought a new computer and since then it has been hell !!! ha !! ha !!

i use irfanview to post pics on forums .so downloaded the new version (4.2) ,tried to post a pic ,but instead of being between 30 k and 100k , im up to 900k !!! way too big !!! tried a few times and always the same problem.

deleted the new version and went back to the old version .same problem again .this morning downloaded the new version again ,same problem .

last night went to check with the computer of my brother and both versions were working !!!

i used the mininal size 640 x 480 and i m up to 900k .

i can t figure out where the problem is ????

any ideas??? can someone help me ????

thanks !!!

groomer !!!

seems to work for me....

-open the image

-resize/resample

-640x480

-save as (had to choose JPG, default is BMP(usualy a larger file format))

-AOK (498k to 60k)

check the file type when you "Save As", make sure it's jpg.

let me know.

thanks mr gutz !!!

just checked and i was nt ''settled '' to jpg file .

i ll try one later .

thank you very much !!!

merci !!!

groomer !!! :drinks:

Gutz has you going in the right direction. Its the save as format that is the problem. BMP uses no compression (larger file size). A 640x480 saved as JPG at 85% should end up below 40k size. Do not move the slider below 80% or your beutifull pictures will suffer. Also, do not leave both versions of the program on your computer.

Gutz has you going in the right direction. Its the save as format that is the problem. BMP uses no compression (larger file size). A 640x480 saved as JPG at 85% should end up below 40k size. Do not move the slider below 80% or your beutifull pictures will suffer. Also, do not leave both versions of the program on your computer.

hi snobeeler !!!

thanks for the advice !!

groomer !!!