anybody make it up to heaven last week end?

Je me souviens

We tried the Lanaudiere area on Sunday- 220 kilometers. Started at the Glaciere, towards the Cabanon, over to Saint Michel- All this had been dragged and was in good shape considering the high traffic on Saturday. From Saint Michel we decided to do the "Tour du Lac Toro"- This was - well a workout-

Trail had not been dragged, an atv had gone part way, so following the tracks was the only way minimize hitting the rocks- Once things smoothed out there was about 24" of snow for the last 10-15 kilometers before you hit the Dam. Dam back to Cabanon was dragged and smooth- Snow coverage was acceptable. I actually came up on 2 female moose standing in the trail about 1/2 between the dam and the Cabanon- Quite a site to see how massive a moose can be. Cabanon back to Glaciere, dragged and very few rocks- The area is supposed to get snow all week, and the Tremblant park was opened yesterday- Going to head back up next Sunday and do a bit more scouting to see what's open, what's changed and of course as every year what trails are closed due to "rights of passage" complications. We spoke to a couple that had scheduled a trip to the Monts Valins, but they had cancelled to low snow- I heard they are still in need of more accumulations, which should be coming this week. If you are making a long trip call before hand.

Thank you for the report, I guess I did not realize they had snow that close to home. Glad I did not try to drive to Chicoutimi when there are trails to ride near the St-Michelle area. I was at the habs game on Saturday, and the guy next to me worked at St-Sauveur resort, he said that they had snow too. I love looking at the snow depth chart as soon as you hit the site. Who ever decided to make that the first page you see on the site needs a beer. Great work TDI-HAM. La prochaine fois amene la camera, merci.

I did snap a few pictures with my phone- I'll see what they look like and if the're any good I'll post them tonight. First time I decided not to bring my actual digital camera on our first outing.

Nothing special. but these were taken in the parking lot of the Galciere- Note the lovely cloud of burning fogging oil lingering around the sled... By the way this sled is for sale if anyone is interested. 2006 switchback 600 HO- 8040 Kilometers- 5500$ PM if interested.